would appreciate a translation of this website

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
carmenvalenziano
Elite
Elite

would appreciate a translation of this website

Post by carmenvalenziano »

i would appreciate a translation of this website

http://www.comune.trani.bt.it/settori/u ... ad417.aspx

thank you

carmen
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: would appreciate a translation of this website

Post by johnnyonthespot »

What exactly are you trying to learn?

If you are using the Chrome browser, click here to see a translated page:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... &sandbox=1

Otherwise, just select sections of text and copy/paste them into the left-hand box on this page https://translate.google.com/ and see a rough translation on the right.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
carmenvalenziano
Elite
Elite

hi carmine

what i wanted to know is if this is the place to send for birth, marriage and death records -

can the documents be ordered online

thanks

carmen
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Carmen,

When you see the listing of this website on google, there is an option to translate the page...

This link should bring you to the web translated page...

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... annel%3Dsb

T.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

There is no option for ordering online and the email address given is only for "PEC" (Posta Elettronica Certificata) mail - a form of certified email which can only be accessed by certified senders and is usually used for interactions by government agencies.

The postal address is:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Tenente Morrico 2
76125 Trani (BT)
ITALY

There are also telephone and fax numbers but don't bother calling unless you can converse in flawless Italian. :)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

BTW, the US Embassy in Italy has an interesting page here http://italy.usembassy.gov/acs/records.html which includes dual-language forms for requesting birth/marriage/death records. I've never used them, but probably easier than crafting your own letters...
Carmine

carmenvalenziano
Elite
Elite

i will send them a letter - i mailed them a letter on may 30, 2012 and enclosed $20.00 and never received a reply - has anyone had any luck getting documents from trani?

thanks - carmen
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Perhaps you can share with us the contents of your previous letter; we may have some pointers for you.

In general:

1) Always include a self-addressed (but not stamped) return envelope

2) As a rule, you should not need to include payment; if you do however include only Euros. It is actually quite difficult for non-US citizens to "cash in" US dollars in Italy.

3) If you don't have an exact year of birth/marriage/death, you are unlikely to get any assistance from the stato civile official.
Carmine

carmenvalenziano
Elite
Elite

here is what i sent:

UFFICIO DELLO STATO CIVILE

il 30 maggio 2012

Egregi Signori,

Lo apprezzerei molto se poteste trasmettere le seguenti annotazioni:

L'annotazione di unione di Pietro Mazzilli e di Lucia Calefato prima di 1889 in Trani

L'annotazione di unione di Giuseppe Valenziano e di Marianna Calefato prima di 1889 in Trani

L'annotazione di morte di Anna (Pellicani) Valenziano il 6 aprile 2001, in Trani

Inclusi sono $20.00. Se è insufficent, informilo prego dell'importo supplementare per trasmettere.

Grazie gentilmente,

Francamente,

Carmen Valenziano Furtado

In English

OFFICE OF VITAL STATISTICS

30 May 2012

Gentlemen:

I would appreciate it very much if you could send the following records:

The marriage record of Pietro Mazzilli and Lucia Calefato before 1889 in Trani

The marriage record of Giuseppe Valenziano and Marianna Calefato before 1889 in Trani

The death record of Anna (Pellicani) Valenziano on April 6, 2001, in Trani

Enclosed is $20.00. If it is insufficent, please inform me of the additional amount to send.

Thank you kindly.

Sincerely,

============================================

i deleted my mailing address

i no longer need this information

what i need is pietro mazzilli's 3 marriages which occured after 1910

thanks

carmen

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Well, just a few tips for the future:

a) Requesting a record from "before 1889" will almost never earn a response. The stato civile official has to seek these records the same way you do - they pull a book off the shelf, turn to the index page, and try to find the name in question. Now, you might find a clerk who is willing to pull a few books down (1888, 1887) but no one is going to search much beyond that.

b) Italian women, then and now, retain their birth name for life in all matters legal and governmental (not to mention in their personal lives for the most part), If Anna was born Pellicani, that is the name which will be registered on her death act. Her husband will be mentioned within the record ("wife of John Smith") but the record itself will reflect her name just as it was on her birth act.

c) The death act from 2001 may be subject to privacy rules. Just a thought...

d) You should always include a copy of some form of identification with your request - a driver's license or passport, for example. This is a hard rule for many comuni.

None of the above justifies a comune simply ignoring your request while keeping your $20 (which is more than likely sitting in a drawer or thumbtacked to someone's wall), but that is the way it often seems to work.
Carmine

carmenvalenziano
Elite
Elite

carmine

how's this one to send?

UFFICIO STATO CIVILE

Piano terra Palazzo di Città
Via Tenente Morrico 2 - 76125 Trani (BT)

10 giugno 2014

Signori:

Apprezzerei molto se lei potesse inviare i seguenti record:

La cronaca del matrimonio di Pietro Mazzilli e Marianna Calefato - 3 aprile 1911 a Trani

La cronaca del matrimonio di Pietro Mazzilli e Rosalia di Molfetta - 27 marzo 1920 a Trani

La cronaca del matrimonio di Pietro Mazzilli e Stella di Tullio - 27 agosto 1929 a Trani

Ringrazio gentilmente.

Cordiali saluti,

In English

OFFICE OF VITAL STATISTICS

10 June 2014

Gentlemen:

I would appreciate it very much if you could send the following records:

The marriage record of Pietro Mazzilli and Marianna Calefato - 3 April 1911 in Trani

The marriage record of Pietro Mazzilli and Rosalia di Molfetta - 27 March 1920 in Trani

The marriage record of Pietro Mazzilli and Stella di Tullio - 27 August 1929 in Trani

Thank you kindly.

Sincerely,

carmenvalenziano
Elite
Elite

should i enclosed a international reply coupon?

thank you

carmen
carmenvalenziano
Elite
Elite

i mailed the letter to trani yesterday - i tried to buy an international reply coupon at the post office and they didn't know what i was talking about - wish me luck in getting a reply - carmen
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Carmen don't send money you should send your request you have and the name, address, email and a photo id. Those international reply coupon are a thing of the past

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
carmenvalenziano
Elite
Elite

marty - i had already mailed the letter - i didn't know about the photo id and the email address - i just checked my copy - since i created the letter in my yahoo email the email address shows - thanks marty - carmen