Researching

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adelfio
Master
Master

Researching

Post by adelfio »

First on all I am very greatful to all the great volunteers on IG website and the time they give
to Italian research.
Now after you go through all the online records and Family History Library Films of Italian records which are available in the US eventually you reach a point in researching where you have to send for records by email or mail.
So what happens no response from the comune you sent to for info.
I had my best response by sending a photo id with my request and keeping my request short and to the point don't run on.............be precise wait a least 30 days for a response.

Then if you reach the point of can't get a record from a comune or early 1800's were civil records are not available and you have to go to the church. Sometimes you have get some help and pay a researcher to help with a phone call or a visit to a comune or church to find out what the problem is and to get that first record you've been trying to get to get you started.

We have great Italian researchers Suanj,Marcello,Pippo as users on this site who are very reliable and are good people who deal with these comune and churches every day....

I have used Marcello D'Aleo for city of Palermo church records when I have hit a dead end with church records that were transfer from San Nicola la Kalsa(my family parish) to Santa Maria della Pietà because of a earthquake in the 1820's

After 4 letters to different churches in the area of section Sant' Agata city of Palermo found Santa Maria della Pietà was the church where my family records were moved to,but the priest said the records didn't go back past 1790. I hired Marcello to find out where the earlier records went and it turn out they were at Santa Maria della Pietà church all the time going back to the 1500's

Best Regards and Good Researching

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Researching

Post by johnnyonthespot »

adelfio wrote: We have great Italian researchers Suanj,Marcello,Pippo as users on this site who are very reliable and are good people who deal with these comune and churches every day....
And ItalySearcher as well!
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

johnnyonthespot wrote:
adelfio wrote: We have great Italian researchers Suanj,Marcello,Pippo as users on this site who are very reliable and are good people who deal with these comune and churches every day....
And ItalySearcher as well!
Yes Carmine you are right can't forget about Ann Tatangelo. If anyone else has anyone else please post them

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
dmt1955
Master
Master

Post by dmt1955 »

thanks, marty.

donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/