re:posting images

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

re:posting images

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i'm trying to post documents on occasion-standard 8.5x11 inch size-but the pop up says images can be no larger than 2mb-whatever that means.but every document i try to post,for whatever reason,is too large.all over 2mb.is it possible to crop the documents somehow?if so how does that work?no experience in this.makes no sense.any any document in the standard 8.5x11 will be too large.and i never have a problem with size sending them out as attachments.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: re:posting images

Post by adelfio »

What is your operating system? Windows 8 or apple system

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

windows xp
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Save to the photogallery and crop with the edit feature to resize your records A lot on times all the black on the outside of the record increases the resolution thus bigger file size

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Please do not crop images; it just makes it less likely that we will be able to zoom the image sufficiently to read it.

Instead, many of us use the free/no signup required site, http://postimage.org/. Just visit the site and click the Browse button to locate the image on your computer. Be sure the dropdown is set to "Do not resize my image" and the radio button "Family safe" is checked, then click the Upload button.

When the upload is complete, copy the "Thumbnail for forums (1)" link and then paste that link into your forum post.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thanks to everyone for your input john
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

johnnyonthespot wrote:Please do not crop images; it just makes it less likely that we will be able to zoom the image sufficiently to read it.

Instead, many of us use the free/no signup required site, http://postimage.org/. Just visit the site and click the Browse button to locate the image on your computer. Be sure the dropdown is set to "Do not resize my image" and the radio button "Family safe" is checked, then click the Upload button.

When the upload is complete, copy the "Thumbnail for forums (1)" link and then paste that link into your forum post.

What I am saying is some records with distortion on them tend to be over 2 meg and this website and postimage (If you don't join the website) will not upload that size of image so you have to crop to get the image under 2meg

Marty

Marty
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I had never encountered a filesize limit at postimage.org. I've never registered there but I was just able to successfully upload a 2.37 MB (2,492,308 byte) image file; maybe they have changed their rules?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)