re:image posting

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

re:image posting

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i managed to upload some images i want to post on italiangenealogy.com.i resized them to thumbnail(150x112)as the do not resize option was the reason my images exceeded the 2mb size limit.now i need to transfer these 4 images to my recent post.since this is a recent post,not a brand new post,can i transfer the images?i see no option to do this.if i'm on the actual post that i want to upload these images to,what do i do???thanks
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: re:image posting

Post by liviomoreno »

a 150x112 image is unreadable...
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i'm at a total loss as to how to post images on this site.i tried the postimage option as suggested.no idea how to transfer the images i uploaded there to this site.i see no thumbnails/upload options as i was told i would.and after trying to upload directly from my pc,the images are all over 2mb(whatever that is)and too large to be uploaded.this is all beyond me.easier to send any documents i need looked at or translated/deciphered by email attachment.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

You must upload the file to Postimage and post here the "direct link", such as:
http://s3.postimg.org/filjf8vb7/Ancestors.jpg
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Go to http:\\postimage.org

Browse to find your file then be sure to set "Do not resize..." and Family Safe, as shown here:

(click thumbnail to expand)

Click Upload button. On the next page, scroll down to find the links. Livio likes the Direct Link, I prefer "Thumbnail for forums (1)". Either way, click the "Copy to clipboard" button alongside the link of your choice.

Now, come back to your forum post and either type Ctrl-V or right-click your mouse and click Paste to paste the link into your message. After you post your message, the image will appear in place of the link.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thanks for all the suggestions.i'll stick to sending out any documents i have by email attachment.no idea how this"copy and paste'option works-or what it is.way beyond my expertise at 65 lol.right click this,left click that.etc.thanks again for all the suggestions,but i think i'll stick with what i know.these documents are simply 8.5x11 inches,and size should not be an issue when simply trying to upload them to a posting.no problem sending them to anyone as attachments.shouldnt have to go to outside sites like"postimage"and play around with trying to move images from point a to point b.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If you need to post them in a new post email the images

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thanks marty.nothing right now.i just wanted to try and do this myself without having to ask for help all the time.i appreciate it.i'm much better at research than in the technical areas lol