Sormanti and Colantonio from Ceprano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Sormanti and Colantonio from Ceprano

Post by Amansolillo »

My great-great-grandfather was Francesco Sormanti. He immigrated to Rhode Island from Ceprano in 1904. On his ship manifest, it is stated that he was going to join his cousin Giuseppe Iacchei. I have done some research and found that Iacchei is not a last name from Ceprano. However, Colantonio, the last name of Giuseppe's wife Antonia, is. My guess is that Francesco Sormanti and Antonia Colantonio were cousins. However, I am not currently able to find a connection between the two. What I do know is that Francesco's parents were Luigi Sormanti and Raffaella Zaccardi and that Antonia's parents were Domenico Colantonio and Lauteria. Lauteria's last name is currently unknown, but if Francesco and Antonia were cousins, then it must be either Sormanti or Zaccardi. I would appreciate it if a connection between the two could be researched. Thanks.
Towns of interest: Panni, Itri, Ceprano, Pontecorvo, Prata Sannita, Canicattini Bagni
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Sormanti and Colantonio from Ceprano

Post by adelfio »

Is this the 2nd trip of Giuseppe Iacchei wife Antonia to RI line #30 born in Rocca D'Arce Frosinone (FR) Lazio
PG 1
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0557%2ETIF
PG 2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0030

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Sormanti and Colantonio from Ceprano

Post by Amansolillo »

Yes it is. That appears to verify my theory of Giuseppe not being Francesco's cousin. Can anything be found of Antonia?
Towns of interest: Panni, Itri, Ceprano, Pontecorvo, Prata Sannita, Canicattini Bagni