Vivenzio and Massimiano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Vivenzio and Massimiano

Post by gemellua »

Is anyone researching the town of Paduli, province Benevento, region Campania?
I would like to know the birth dates and parents names of the following relatives:

Agostino Vivenzio (b: abt 1879) and Agata Massimiano (b: abt 1885)

Ellis Island Arrival Info -

Agostino - Feb 20, 1901
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 5251060122&

I have been told that Agostino was a stone mason, who worked his way to the USA aboard a ship. Is there a way to confirm he worked on the ship ? Also I cannot make out the street number and name listed on the manifest.

Agata Massimiano - Oct 5, 1905
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 2459040679&

Agostino and Agata married 11 days after Agata arrived, in Lattimore, Pennsylvania. They would later settle abt 1908 in Auburn, NY. Agostino's younger brother, Vincenzo "James" Vivenzio also settled in Auburn, NY. He and his wife Angelina Marco Giuseppe, may have come to the USA after 1924, since there isn't a listing for them on the Ellis Island site.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Vivenzio and Massimiano

Post by adelfio »

You can try sending for their birth acts from Paduli the FHL films only go to 1866
Got the birth year from the marriage record Try email first
PG LINK MARRIAGE RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1589502

email:anagrafe@comune.paduli.bn.it
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Paduli
Piazza XXV Luglio
82020 Paduli (BN)
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Agostino Vivenzio e Agata Massimiano

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Paduli. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome :Agostino Vivenzio
Luogo di nascita: Paduli
Data di nascita: 1879
Nome e cognome :Agata Massimiano
Luogo di nascita: Paduli
Data di nascita: 1883
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gemellua »

Marty - Thank you!
dmt1955
Master
Master

Post by dmt1955 »

i believe the address is 2057 Pacific St. Brooklyn (Agostino's manifest)

donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gemellua »

Thank you Donna!

Marty - Do you know if what is listed on FHL as - Benevento, Benevento, Civil Registration (Comune), 1861-1929 - for Paduli?

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1482870

I checked this film for the years 1879 and 1883 (also 2 yeas before and after). I could not find vital records for Agostino nor Agata. I know that it is possible for a relative not to know their exact year or date of birth. (I've had it happen with one of my grandfathers. He knew he had the wrong birth month, but knew the correct year.) But I think it is odd for both these people not to know their correct dates.
Thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

That's why you have to send for the records because the Family History Library films of Registri dello stato civile di Paduli (Benevento), are only 1809-1860 The records you are looking at is only for the town of Benevento,province Benevento

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gemellua »

Sorry Marty for the misunderstanding. Thank you for the clarification! :)
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gemellua »

Received the vital records for Agostino and Agata :D Need help translating. Is Vincenzo's occupation listed as a farm hand/laborer? What is the surname of Vincenzo's wife Filomena? Is it Signoiello? Is her age listed? What are the occupations of the two witnesses?

Regarding Agata Massimiano - What is the occupation of her father Alfonso? A shoemaker? What is the age of her mother Mariangela Bellarobba? What is the occupation of the two witnesses? Thank you.
copie integrali nascita.PDF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

gemellua wrote:Received the vital records for Agostino and Agata :D Need help translating. Is Vincenzo's occupation listed as a farm hand/laborer?yes What is the surname of Vincenzo's wife Filomena? Is it Signoriello? Is her age listed?no What are the occupations of the two witnesses?Raffaele De Iesu is a baker, Savorio Russo is a haberdasher

Regarding Agata Massimiano - What is the occupation of her father Alfonso? A shoemaker? macellaio = butcher What is the age of her mother Mariangela Bellarobba? no age reportedWhat is the occupation of the two witnesses?Property owner and scribe Thank you.
copie integrali nascita.PDF
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Agostino Vivenzio
Act date: Oct 20th, 1879 at 11:25 am
Declarant (father): Vincenzo Vivenzio, 33 yo, labourer, living in Paduli
Birth date and date: Oct 19th at 3:30 am, in via San Donato 11
Mother: Filomena Signoriello, peasant
Witnesses:
Raffaele de Iesu, 38yo, baker
Saverio Russo, 40 yo, haberdasher
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gemellua »

Thank you Livio and PippoM! :D

Would it be possible for you to also tell me in Agostino's record - regarding his mother - Signoriello Filmoena, his wife, a peasant ......(what is written after this?)

and

In the above, and this act were present such testimony by DeLesu Raffaele of thirty-eight years, Baker, and Saverio Russo of forty years, Haberdasher both residing in this district (what is written after this?)

Also I would like to know what is written in the same areas on Agata's vital record.
Bellarobba Mariangela, his legitimate wife (what is written after this Is it stating she is a SECOND wife??)
In this above and this act were present as witnesses thirty-four, property owner, Carlo (Meazzeioe?) and Silvestri Ferdnardo, fifty, Scribe. Both residents in this town. (What is written after this?)

I was told that if I want certified copies of the birth records, I need to send a stamped return envelope to Paduli. Can I obtain this through my local Post Office? Or is there an on-line site I can buy them from? I though a member of this site at one time posted that they were willing to sell the required stamps to other members - but I can't find the query.

Thank you!
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

gemellua wrote:Thank you Livio and PippoM!
Would it be possible for you to also tell me in Agostino's record - regarding his mother - Signoriello Filmoena, his wife, a peasant ......(what is written after this?) living with him

and

In the above, and this act were present such testimony by Deiesu Raffaele of thirty-eight years, Baker, and Saverio Russo of forty years, Haberdasher both residing in this district (what is written after this?)Afterr reading this document to the attendees (the declarant and the witnesses, it was signed by all

Also I would like to know what is written in the same areas on Agata's vital record.The same as above
Bellarobba Mariangela, his legitimate wife (what is written after this Is it stating she is a SECOND wife??) living with him No second wife mentioned

In this above and this act were present as witnesses thirty-four, property owner, Carlo Mazzei and Silvestri Ferdinando, fifty, Scribe. Both residents in this town. (What is written after this?)Afterr reading this document to the attendees (the declarant and the witnesses, it was signed by all

Thank you!
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gemellua »

Livio - Much thanks for the speedy reply! 8)
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gemellua »

I was told that if I want certified copies of the birth records, I need to send a stamped return envelope to Paduli. Can I obtain this through my local Post Office? Or is there an on-line site I can buy them from? Could I purchase an international check or money order from the PO or a bank?

I though a member of this site at one time posted that they were willing to sell the required stamps to other members - but I can't find the query.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

gemellua wrote:I was told that if I want certified copies of the birth records, I need to send a stamped return envelope to Paduli. Can I obtain this through my local Post Office? Or is there an on-line site I can buy them from? Could I purchase an international check or money order from the PO or a bank?

I though a member of this site at one time posted that they were willing to sell the required stamps to other members - but I can't find the query.
In my opinion the copies you have are already certified by the Ufficio di Stato Civile of Paduli...