Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880\'s

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
AMarcia

Post by AMarcia »

Hi, I have limited information on my great grandfather. Marcia, Antonio arrived at Ellis Island, NY at the age of 18, in 1898 departed Naples, Italy and was from Colle Samita. Any help greatly appreciated :o)
<BR>
<BR>Earl
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You certainly know his age, year of birth and place of birth. What specific information are you weeking? Peter
AMarcia

Post by AMarcia »

Have not been able to locate Colle Samita or possibly Collesamita, is it possible the name no longer exisists? This is all in hopes of finding distant and lost relatives. This is what I\'m looking for.
<BR>
<BR>Earl
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are excessive Colle...... town names. WShat province is it in?? Peter
AMarcia

Post by AMarcia »

Awwwww, Now you will undersand my frustration, all I have posted is all that I have.. He boarded ship in Naples and landed at Ellis Island, NY on the documentation I\'ve recovered says his residence was Colle Samita, Italy. Yes I know there are many towns which start with Colle, and the Samita I\'ve recevied no hits in my searches.
<BR>
<BR>Earl
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You failed to mention they came from Sardinia since out of 264 persons in Italy, 216 are currently residing in the Island of Sardinia. There is no Colle anything ion Sardinia. The town that is mentioned in the ships manifest for all the Marcia immigrants over the years was Colle Samicta which to my mind makes that A NEIGHBORHOOD within a town. This is known in Italy as a \"frazione\". One time i may have been a town but was absorbed by a nearby town and the people still clung to the old name. I suggest you go scurrying around looking for olds, photographs anythingf with the postal stamp or address of a town. Peter
AMarcia

Post by AMarcia »

Thank you so much Peter, I really had no idea Sardinia entered into this as all I have ever seen or heard is Southern Italy. I have never been able to locate many people with the last name of Marcia in Italy. I knew Grampa (Tony) for a very short period of my life, my mother\'s mom is now deceased, and mom always heard him say Southern Italy and nothing about an Island! I only have one document of his which is a request for naturalization which he never submited. I do have a picture of him which was to be submited along with the document so, I do have something. Yes I relize Sardinia is part of S. Italy lol just never connected! I\'ve looked thru the links within this forum (nothing refer) how to get info on people on the Island of Sardinia. Any sudjestions? Tahnk you again Peter, Have a great day! Earl
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.paginebianche.it and in the first line put in Marcia and in the third line put in the following four initials which represent the 4 provinces of Sardinia.. CA and see what comes up and then NU and then OR and then SS. Everyone on Sardinia with Marcia name with their full names and addresses and telephone numbers will appear. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Sardinia = Sardegna and Comune=town. When you get www.paginebianche.it and after you fill in the name and the town and click cerca you will get a page indicating Sardegna and the province (CA) is Cagliari province. When you click that Cagliari you will go to the bottom of the next page that comes up and click COMUNE and you will have a listing of all the town in Cagliari province with persons surnamed Marcia. Peter
AMarcia

Post by AMarcia »

Thank you so much Peter, for your help. My search once again is headed in a positive direction. Thanks Earl
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

we are here for you? Peter
samsara

Re: Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880\'s

Post by samsara »

Hi..

u might be thinking of colle sannita...that is in campania...i was born there..

samsara
samsara

Re: Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880\'s

Post by samsara »

Hi earl...

u sure his surname was marcia...could it have been mascia...lots of mascia's in colle sannita province di benevento....I am a mascia

ciao
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880's -Colle Sannita

Post by brujaojos »

samsara wrote:Hi earl...

u sure his surname was marcia...could it have been mascia...lots of mascia's in colle sannita province di benevento....I am a mascia

ciao
Hi There,

Are you sure the surname isn't Mascia and they aren't from Colle Sannita?

I am doing reserach for someone in the group right now that is from that town.

The person I am doing research for has the surnames of Mascia, Petti, Cocca and a few others. I don't think Robert (tebor13) wouldn't mind me saying his name and posting the link about his request.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2872

If you are interested in Colle Sannita, email me privately at brujaojos@yahoo.com.

Have a good one.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
AMarcia

Re: Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880's

Post by AMarcia »

SAMSARA, I sent a pm to you ref. this thread. when you receive it pls respond to my email of etilley4@comcast.net . Thank you brujaojos for your offer even tho I don't wish to take you up on it at this time.