Puma descendants from Racalmuto, Agrigento, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Puma descendants from Racalmuto, Agrigento, Sicily

Post by rp76226 »

Looking for the descendants of three brothers and two sisters, children of Giuseppe Puma (1859 - 1922) and Francesca Curto (1869 - ?) who were married in Racalmuto on june 19, 1892:
1. The oldest was Giovanna Puma who died at age 18 on May 19, 1911 so possibly she never married.
2. Next was Giuseppa Puma (1895-1953) who married Vincenzo Diego Alessi (1883- ?) on December 16, 1911.
3. Then came Gaetano Puma (1897 - 1966) who married Rosa Scibetta on July 30, 1955 (possibly a second marriage - don't know).
4. Next was Nicolo Puma (1901 -1955). Don't know if he married.
5. Last born was Grazia Puma (1907 - 1983) who married Luciano Lentini on May 4, 1954. Don't know if there was a prior marriage.
Racalmuto has sent me some civil status records that certify information that was on the original civil records, but not the copies of the original civil records. All appeared to have lived their entire lives in Racalmuto.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Puma descendants from Racalmuto, Agrigento, Sicily

Post by adelfio »

Try writing to a potienal relative for family info
Nicolo Puma
Via Matrona 44
92020 Racalmuto (AG)

Ciao Nicolo
Sto cercando notizie della mia famiglia in Italia ed è per questo che Le scrivo: per sapere se Lei ha qualche informazione da darmi o se ha fatto per caso delle analoghe ricerche per il suo ramo della famiglia.
Sarei felice se Lei fosse uno dei miei parenti, in questo caso La pregherei di inviarmi un breve messaggio con le notizie in Suo possesso.
Il mio nome è YOUR NAME e vivo negli Stati Uniti d'America. Ho avuto il tuo nome e indirizzo dal paginebiachine. Giuseppe Puma, che era nato nel 1859, era il mio trisnonno e moglie di Francesca Curto matrimonio 1892.

Vorrei mettermi in contatto con i miei parenti Puma in Racalmuto . Allego una busta pre-indirizzata oppure puoi scrivermi a EMAIL ADDRESS

Non vedo l'ora di avere tue notizie..

Cordiali saluti,

Hello Nicolo
I am looking for news of my family in Italy and it is for this reason that I am writing: to know if you have any information to give me, or if you have done for the case of similar research for this branch of the family.
I would be happy if you were one of my relatives, in this case I would ask you to send a short message with the news in your possession.
My name is YOUR NAME and I live in the United States of America. I got your name and address from paginebiachine. Joseph Puma, who was born in 1859, was my great-great grandfather and his wife Francesca Curto there marriage was in 1892.

I would like to get in touch with my Puma relatives in Racalmuto . I enclose a pre-addressed envelope, or you can email me at EMAIL ADDRESS

I can not wait to hear from you ..

Kind regards,
YOUR NAME ADDRESS
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

While I appreciate the advice, I do not know of any living potential relatives in Racalmuto to write to. All of my great grandfather's children who lived to become adults emigrated to America (and they are all deceased now). My great grandfather had one brother, Giuseppe Puma, and as far as I know, no other siblings. I know about Giuseppe's children and some of their spouses from writing to Racalmuto. That's all I know. Those children are all deceased based on their ages all being above 115, plus knowing the death dates of the two youngest children. I definitely would contact a living relative in Italy if I knew of one.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

If I understand, is this the kind of document you are looking for?

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244639702
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Yes to the type of document, but I already have the one you sent. As a child of Giuseppe Puma and Francesca Curto, I am looking for her spouse, children and grand children. I have the birth records of all the children of Giuseppe Puma and Francesca Curto who I listed.