DEGRANDIS and AMBROSI in Campigo, Castelfranco Veneto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Chelli111

DEGRANDIS and AMBROSI in Campigo, Castelfranco Veneto

Post by Chelli111 »

Hi there everyone,
Im researching my Italian family line - my great great grandparents were from Castelfranco. GGGrandfather is said to have been an orphaned foundling, so I've all but given up hope on that line.
But his wife was Maddalena DeGrandis, born in 1886 in the frazione of Campigo. Her parents were Giacomo DeGrandis and Santa Ambrosi, married in 1876... I know these facts because Ive written to the stato civile already. But... I want to know more about Giacomo and Santa. Obviously they had more children? Are there parish records for Treviso available somehow without travelling to Italy? How does one get to these? I see some people with marvelous Italian lineages, and I'm stuck here in 1886!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: DEGRANDIS and AMBROSI in Campigo, Castelfranco Veneto

Post by PeterTimber »

You might wish to request a Ceritificato di stato di famiglia (family composition certificate of all members in the family) which may be available but you will not know until you try will you? Parish records is "iffy" since many priests may not be available to research for you and you would have to pay. someone to research for you. Please let me know since an excellent American rfesearcher that I know of travels to Italy frequently doing researches. Her website is www.gentracer.com and her name is Kathy Kirkpatrick. Write to her if the parish churches in Treviso can help you. Peter
~Peter~
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, just I can say you, that by Treviso archive search - in military database ( men born between 1874 and 1880) your Maddalena had 1 brother sure:
Giovanni DE GRANDIS born in Castelfranco Veneto on 5 Sep 1880, son of Giacomo DE GRANDIS and Santa AMBROSI; Giovanni was a farmer; he had the passport on these dates:
20 Apr 1904
19 jan 1906
18 Mar 1908 for immigration in Germany
18 May 1909 for America

http://www.archiviodistatotreviso.benic ... laID=25938
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Chelli111

Post by Chelli111 »

Oh wow, thank you Peter and Suanj! New leads... probably Giovanni had family in America I can find now on ancestry.com.
Has anyone ever physically gone to a church in Veneto to research records?? I think I'm looking at Maria Assunta church in Salvatronda, I know Maddalena was born in Campigo and I think that's their church... is it relatively easy to get your hands on parish records if you go to Italy? Id love an excuse to visit one day...
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Salvatrondo is a frazione of CASTELGRANDE VENETO 31033, so if you plan on communicating with the parish church Maria Assunta you might want to use that address...??
~Peter~