Anyone else Italian-Irish?

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
HalfnHalf

Anyone else Italian-Irish?

Post by HalfnHalf »

I'm a male, 20 y.o. I was curious if there were any other Italian-Irish guys here, because my mixed ethnic background is a big part of my everyday life in many ways. I was wondering if any other guys (in particular) who's mixed blood has shaped the men they've become.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Anyone else Italian-Irish?

Post by PeterTimber »

Brings to mind a reading of Roman occupation of England and being a Roman soldier paid mid management wages attracted East coast Irish to float over and join the Roman army which was over time staffed by Roman officers (centurions et al) while the rank and file were locals. There were two brothers (surnames forgotten) who joined and periodically went back to Ireland and worked for local chiefs teaching Roman army training ....Word got back to Rome and they sent a few top ranking generals were dispatched to restore order among the rank and file who were deserting and causing discipline problems. When they got there they sent a detachment to Ireland to round up the irish defectors including the two brothers and then marched the entire legion down to Spain!!!!!!! where they were stationed permanently. I came across one of the two brothers names in North Africa owning an olive grove in North Africa. When the 10th legion was recalled back to Rome from England they picked up a contingent of Dutch and they marched south to fight in the Jewish wars in 70 AD and the whole batch of English and irish soldiers who were retiring with their families were given a GI BILL in the ABRUZZO region and these descendants settled in Abruzzo while the 10th legion was reconstituted and shipped off to Israel. To this day they still are light skinned, blond blue eyed Italian in Abruzzo Italy and Spain. Peter
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Anyone else Italian-Irish?

Post by PeterTimber »

You ask the eternal question NATURE OR NURTURE.............Some of us are born without a lifeguard in their gene pool while still others soar like eagles. But what I do know is that weasels don't get sucked into jet engines! Peter
~Peter~