Information on my grandfather

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rwisnia18

Information on my grandfather

Post by rwisnia18 »

I am hoping to find a picture of my grandfather, Giovani (John) Batista Sampo. I have some information on his birth and location of his death in the United States that I would be able to share with any relative. He was born in Narzole (sp), Italy July 18, 1875 and I believe there may still be some family members in Italy. If any family member has a picture of him I would really appreciate your sharing with me.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Information on my grandfather

Post by PeterTimber »

There is only one person listed in the Sampo name in the Narzole telephone directory and since you are a potential relative maybe you ought to send a form letter and ask for a possible photograph. Narzole only has 3000+ inhabitants... (http://www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm) to the person listed under Sampo at Narzole (http://www.paginebianche.it ) and put Sampo on the left and Narzole on the right and click Trova) Peter
~Peter~
rwisnia18

Post by rwisnia18 »

Thank you Peter:
Do you know the name and address of the Sampo in Narzole. Since I live in Oregon, USA I do not have access to the Narzole phone book. I would like to send the form letter, but I do not know where to send it.
Ron Wisnia
rwisnia18

Post by rwisnia18 »

Peter:
Sorry, I did not know what the second link you sent was for. I understand now and I have the name and address of the Sampo in Narzole. Thank you again for your help.
Ron
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Doesn't eveybody know everything? Sorry Peter
~Peter~