Need 1825 civil record translated Maria Murana

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
London82
Elite
Elite

Post by London82 »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carubia
Master
Master

Re: Need 1825 civil record translated Maria Murana

Post by carubia »

The bottom 2 images are the same - are you sure you didn't mean to include the first page of that birth record instead?

The entry from the index indicates that it is a birth record (record#58) for Maria Teresa Murana, daughter of Mansueto Murana and Marianna Randazzo. The bottom 2 images are just the back page of the birth record with the witness statements. One witness was Vincenzo Messina, a farmer, age 40, residing in that town (Mussomeli). The other witness was Francesco, age 30, also residing in Mussomeli. I'm not sure about his surname - it looks like "Covullo," but that name doesn't exist in modern Italy; maybe it's Cavallo. The mayor's surname was Cinquemani.

I don't know Latin but I could guess at what some of the (bottom) baptismal record says. It's from 13 Feb, and the year at the top may be 1825 (or else 1823). Here the name of the child is Maria Carmela instead of the Maria Teresa in the birth index.
London82
Elite
Elite

Re: Need 1825 civil record translated Maria Murana

Post by London82 »

Yes you are right I meant to include the first page