re:death record in messoina or palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

re:death record in messoina or palermo

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

my ancestor,francesco landino,was born in palermo in 1851.at some point he became the common law husband of maria bonarrigo,born in gualtieri messina in 1847.i have the birth records.they had at least 3 natural children,all born in barcellona pg messina.salvatore 1872 rosalia 1877 mattia 1880.my paternal grandmother,maria costante,was the adoptive/surrogate child of this couple,and possibly their natural child as well,although maria bonarrigo is noted on the 1883 birth record as the midwife.my grandmother was born ignoti genitori.maria became,if in name only,her virtual mother.they arrived in boston together in 1902.the older woman died 1 week later.francesco,the common law husband(he was noted as such in the 1877 birth of daughter rosalia) did not accompany them to boston(son salvatore was living in boston at the time)and does not appear,from the research i've done over the years,to have ever come to america.most likely he died in sicily(either palermo or more likely messina).he's noted as surviving his wife maria,according to the 1902 death record,which i have.but it appears this could be misinformation,even though son salvatore made the death report.bottom line,francesco's death date and locality are full of speculation.he could have died before 1902,or lived long afterwards,as he would have been only 51 in 1902.i checked barcellona pg and several surrounding comunes ca.1883-1902 and found nothing.occasionally death information is noted on other documents,such as the birth record.no such information exists on his original birth record,and there is no marriage record as i explained.my only hope is that it may appear on his baptismal record which i don't have.there is a parish in palermo noted on his birth record,but i can't make it out.if i could i would contact the parish to see what might be on his baptismal record relating to a possible death record.if anyone out there would be interested in viewing his original birth record,and try to identify the parish,i could send it to you as an attachment only,as i've tried to upload documents onto this site in the past with no success.don't even bother suggesting options like imagepost.been there done that.not able to do it period.any help would be most appreciated.thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: re:death record in messoina or palermo

Post by adelfio »

John send me the record

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thanks marty.send it out in a few minutes
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Had to take some Halloween stuff down John here it is
Birth record of Francesco Landino
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thanks.you couldnt make out the parish noted in the baptism section could you?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

John since it is section Sant Agata,Palermo I almost positive the parish is Santa Maria della Pietà Church it is where the records are held

Marty

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

if that parish still exists and i can get an address for it.i''ll try to write.but as i said,this birth record is paired with the baptismal record,so if theres no death notation on this record,there probably won't be anything further on anything at the parish.i thought it said"citta"sezione on this record marty.is that sant'agata? are these sezioni one and the same?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Check your private message

Marty

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thanks marty.i'll drop them a line.
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

Francesco Landino's death record is not listed in the Palermo death indexes from 1886 to 1905.
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

mezzogiorno62 wrote:thanks.you couldnt make out the parish noted in the baptism section could you?
If you read in the right side of the page, he was baptized in the Cathedral parish church.
Visit my web site!
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

THANKS.ADELFIO WAS ABLE TO GET ME THE CORRECT PARISH.S MARIA DELLA PIETA IN CITTA SEZIONE.I BELIEVE HE DIED IN MESSINA-PROBABLY IN THE VICINITY OF BARCELLONA PG,BUT NOT THERE,AS I CHECKED THE REGISTERS.THE BIG PROBLEM IS THE TIME FRAME.COULD HAVE BEEN AS EARLY AS THE 1880S OR AS LATE AS THE 1940S.HE WAS B.1851 SO COULD HAVE LIVED INTO HIS 90S AND DIED ANYWHERE IN MESSINA PROVINCE-AND POSSIBLY PALERMO.THIS IS THE PROBLEM.NO PARAMETERS TO WORK WITHIN.LIKE LOOKING FOR A NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK.THE ONLY CONCIEVABLE WAY TO EVER HOPE TO FIND THIS DEATH RECORD WOULD BE IF HIS DEATH INFORMATION WERE NOTED ON HIS BIRTH OR BAPTISMAL RECORD(AND HIS BAPTISMAL RECORD IS ACTUALLY PART OF HIS BIRTH ACT,AS YOU CAN SEE,ALTHOUGH I'M STILL WRITING TO THE PARISH IN PALERMO),HIS MARRIAGE ACT(THERE IS NONE.HE LIVED NON CONJUGALE WITH HIS COMMON LAW WIFE MARIA BONARRIGO),HIS MILITARY RECORD(AGAIN,THERE IS NONE AS HE WAS BORN BEFORE COMPULSORY MILITARY SERVICE)OR IF THERE WERE A PROVINCIAL DATABASE FOR BOTH PALERMO AND MESSINA FOR ALL DEATHS CA.1880-1940.THERE IS NONE.HE DID NOT EMIGRATE TO AMERICA AS I ESTABLISHED THAT ALREADY.SO HE HAD TO HAVE DIED IN EITHER MESSINA OR PALERMO PROVINCES.
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

mezzogiorno62 wrote:THANKS.ADELFIO WAS ABLE TO GET ME THE CORRECT PARISH.S MARIA DELLA PIETA IN CITTA SEZIONE.
The correct parish church, until proven otherwise, is that noted in the right part of the act: the Cathedral parish church.
Santa Maria della Pietà was in the San'Agata Section, but people living in that section were not obliged to baptize their children in that parish church...
Visit my web site!
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thanks marcello
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

as i cannot find any information regarding the death record for francesco landino,who could have died in either messina or palermo provinces after 1880 and before 1951,and theres no notation on his 1851 palermo birth record to indicate his death,where do i go from here? he lived common law with his"wife"maria bonarrigo in barcellona pozzo di gotto messina at least from 1872 to 1880 and fathered 3 children in that time period.but he literally dissapears after 1880.his "wife " or non conjugale,maria bonarrigo,immigrated to boston in 1902 and died 1 week after arrival.francesco did not accompany her,which indicates he died before 1902 in sicily.but in maria bonarrigo's boston death record in 1902,for which information was supplied by her son salvatore,francesco supposedly survived her.a real mystery and like trying to find a needle in a haystack.no other records to go by other than his birth record.any suggestions would be helpful.thanks