new york city marriages 1874-1895

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

new york city marriages 1874-1895

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

looking for 2 marriages i believe occurred in new york city.1.antonino caldara and agostina landino.they immigrated together from palermo in 1874 according to an entry i found.i found no marriage record for them in palermo(checked the online marriage indexes for palermo that cover 1920-1895)and as they had a daughter,catherine,b.1879 in new york,it appears that if they didnt marry in palermo,they would have married in new york ca.1874-1879 but i found nothing(checked the italgen website which covers marriages in this time period).any suggestions most appreciated.too many parishes to check if thats the only option i have. 2.salvatore landino and catherine caldara(daughter of antonino and agostina)married ca.1893-1895(salvatore arrived in 1893 alone,and in late 1895 had a son frank b.new york city)so marriage had to be in new york in this time period.checked the indexes and found nothing.as is the case with catherines parents,too many parishes in new york city to check them individually.once again,suggestions are welcome.thanks
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Re: new york city marriages 1874-1895

Post by Joannsalvo »

Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Post by Joannsalvo »

Salvatore Landino arrived with his sister in 1874 He is line# 51 a bookbinder, Salve Landino.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

checked lds films but i couldnt come up with a film for these marriages.i believe agostina landino and antonino caldara arrived in 1874 unmarried.i have that passenger record.agostina's mother had died in palermo,and her father was living and remarried in new york.i checked palermo marriages in the time period and theres no marriage there.so i believe both marriages occured in new york city.salvatore was agostina's older brother.and the salvatore who married agostina's daughter catherine was also her nephew(sister of his father)so he married his cousin.i couldnt find the correct films for these marriages in the lds catalog.if i could,i could have lds photoduplication make a copy of each and send me the attachments at no charge.