Gargano family from the Amalfi Coast around 1870's

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Cjlidders

Gargano family from the Amalfi Coast around 1870's

Post by Cjlidders »

Hi, I am trying to trace my wife's ancestors that came from Atrani and Maoiri on the Amalfi Coast. The family name is Gargano, headed by Francisco or Francesco, born in 1854 in Atrani, his wife, Raffaela Accento ( Acanto,Taconta ? ) born in Maoiri, 1850, and their two sons, Guiseppo, born in Maoiri in 1879 and Alfonso,in 1882. They emigrated to UK around 1880 and eventually changed their name to Rossi ! Very inconvenient for my research! We intend to go to Amalfi Coast next year and would love to find where they were born and lived.If anyone can throw any light on this it would be very appreciated. Of course, I would love to get birth certs and marriage certs but perhaps that is expecting too much. Any one help? Cheers, Colin
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Gargano family from the Amalfi Coast around 1870's

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
I think Raffaela surname is D'Acunto which is found in Maiori you would have to send for those records for there is no online or film records available so I would try the Archivio di Stato di Salerno for their birth records. The ACTS OF THE STATE CIVIL preserves the second copies of the registers of birth, marriage, death, written from 1809 to 1865 by the municipalities of the province. There are also ATTACHMENTS ("processetti double"). It is parocchiali faiths or birth certificates of the couple and their parents' death certificates presented to the registrars to prepare the subsequent drafting of the act. Represent a useful source to trace other archives that preserve traces of ancestors, to the place of origin and details useful for genealogical reconstruction.
Try the email first
E-mail: as-sa@beniculturali.it

Archivio di Stato di Salerno
Piazza Abate Conforti 7
84126 Salerno (SA)
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Francesco Gargano

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Atrani. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome: Francesco Gargano
Luogo di nascita: Atrani
Data di nascita: 1853-1856
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Raffaela D'Acunto

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Maoiri . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Raffaela D'Acunto
Luogo di nascita: Maoiri
Data di nascita: 1849-1851
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Cjlidders

Post by Cjlidders »

Hi Adelfio, thank you for your help and information. I will contact your suggestions and see how we go from there.....some serious translation required! Thanks again, Colin
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Cjlidders wrote:Hi Adelfio, thank you for your help and information. I will contact your suggestions and see how we go from there.....some serious translation required! Thanks again, Colin
SUBJECT: photo request a full copy of the birth certificate or the complete extract of the birth of Raffaela D'Acunto

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
My name YOURNAME I'm doing a research on my ancestors and I need information from your records. My ancestors came from Maoiri. I would like to know more about them.
Thank you in advance you want to communicate the costs of reproduction and postal expenses for the birth certificates of these people:
Name: Raffaela D'Acunto
Place of birth: Maoiri
Date of birth: 1849-1851
If you do not have the records that match, you can provide the address of where where records can be found?
While waiting for your response I send cordial greetings.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

...just to point out that the name of town is Maiori...
According to my experience, the Archivio di Stato also replies to emails
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Cjlidders

Post by Cjlidders »

Hi,
Thank you Adelfio for these example letters and the superb translation !
Thank you PippoM for the spelling correction !