Surname: Giordano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lagiordano

Surname: Giordano

Post by lagiordano »

I'm looking for any information of Antonio Giordano and his family. I'm not sure where nor when he was born (i´m sure he was italian). He married with Ligia Pastore and they had a lot of children (about 17). It seems they moved to Uruguay about 1850´s and some years after moved to Brazil (Bagé City). I know that two of their children was Angelo Giordano and Dyonisio Giordano. Thank you for your help.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname: Giordano

Post by suanj »

Hi, what I know that the some Giordano emigrated in Uruguay(Melo, Cerro Largo, Uruguay)and after in they moved in Bagé, RS coming from Spinoso town in Potenza province, Basilicata region... for better search, you can ask the marriage records of Antonio's children in Bagé( or better the "processo para casamiento"), and death record of Antonio also in Bagé.... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
lagiordano

Post by lagiordano »

Thanks a lot . I will research in that comune.
Best Regards
airtonjordani

Post by airtonjordani »

Please, visit my website about my genealogy.

http://www.airtonjordani.com/genealogia

My greatgrandfather came from Spinoso. He lived in Melo, Cerro Largo - Uruguay for a while and after came to Bagé, in Brazil.
lagiordano

Post by lagiordano »

Hi all :

I recently discovered that my family possibly borned on Pisticci, Matera, Basilicata.
Please, anyone help me ???
Thanks a lot.
Luiz Augusto de Giordano Rocha
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Pisticci postale 75015, Provincia Matera, Basilicata has 7 persons surnamed Giordano which youmay wish to review at www.paginebianche.it putting in Giordano in the first line and Piticci inthe thrid line and click CERCA.

If you wish you can rent out the microfilm for this town from the Mormon church family History library for the years 1809 to 1910 under Pisticci or Matera. Go to www.familyhistorysearch.org for the location nearest your home. The cost is nominal about $5.00 to rent and they have the machine to view. Take a book Discovering your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson which is a companion to people viewing the fils so you undertstand italian words. =Peter=
lagiordano

Post by lagiordano »

Thanks Peter. I´ll do that. :D