James L. Rubino or Bartolomeo Rubino mystery

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

James L. Rubino or Bartolomeo Rubino mystery

Post by Marlena »

I have a great uncle, James L. Rubino or his he really Bartolomeo Rubino? I can't find birth information for him. His mother, Josephine Di Matteo Rubino states he was born in San Francisco Ca,as James L. Rubino, but I find no birth info. However, I do find a death and and three census records as well as a ship manifest. The ship record in 1908 lists him as Bartolomeo Rubino. Bartolomeo is Josephine's father's name. Also, the L. in James L. Rubino might be for his grandfather on his fathers side, Luciano. There is no document I can find that states his middle name.
Birth : November 4, 1903

Can you find out if he was born in San Francisco, CA or Trabia, Sicily under either name. I'm not sure the date of 1904 is correct, maybe a year off...his mother pulled a few fast ones according to family stories, ha!

Here are a few of my links:
Ship Record

http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NY ... turnRecord

Death

http://interactive.ancestry.com/5187/41 ... turnRecord

Census ( I have more)

http://interactive.ancestry.com/7884/31 ... turnRecord
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: James L. Rubino or Bartolomeo Rubino mystery

Post by suanj »

Hi
in Trabia no Birth record...
passenger record:
First Name : Bartolomeo
Last Name : Rubino
Nationality : US Citizen
Date of Arrival : August 13th, 1908
Age at Arrival : 5y
Marital Status : Single
Ship of Travel : Re d Italia
Port of Departure : Palermo
Manifest Line Number : 0011

so he was born in USA..
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Marlena
Elite
Elite

New document for Bartolomeo Rubino

Post by Marlena »

I found this new information for Barolomeo, aka James Rubino, in the 1910 Part II nasita. Can you tell me what it says? I am trying to find out a few things, was his father still alive when the document was written and why it's even listed if he was born in San Francisco, CA, USA. Any other info is greatly appreciated. Thank you as always.
Marlene

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246830001
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Trabia 31 Jan 1907
Giuseppe Antonino Rubino 50 old farmer, declared that on 4 nov 1903 in San Francisco, California, USA was born his son, Bartolomeo named, from his wife Giuseppa Di Matteo.
The registrar accepted the Birth registration, because Giuseppe Antonino Rubino had the judge order by Termini Imerese Court dated 29 Jan 1907.. without judge order the registrar could not accept a late birth registration.. best,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

Thank you Suanj and Merry Christmas !