Surname: Rattazzi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KSRattazzi
Rookie
Rookie

Surname: Rattazzi

Post by KSRattazzi »

Hi. I am really at a dead end with my grandfather's lineage. Our surname is Rattazzi and are from Baveno, Novarra, Italy. I assume this is in Piedmont? I also assume we are of the same family of the prime minister Urbano Rattazzi, but cannot find anything on his lineage either.
Is anyone else out there seeking info on Rattazzi or doing genealogy research on the Piedmont area?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname: Rattazzi

Post by suanj »

KSRattazzi wrote:Hi. I am really at a dead end with my grandfather's lineage. Our surname is Rattazzi and are from Baveno, Novarra, Italy. I assume this is in Piedmont? I also assume we are of the same family of the prime minister Urbano Rattazzi, but cannot find anything on his lineage either.
Is anyone else out there seeking info on Rattazzi or doing genealogy research on the Piedmont area?
Baveno town is in Verbania province currently, before in Novara province( Verbania is an recent province of Piedmont/Italy)... about the surname, around 1700 was Rattaccio changed in Rattazzi .... Was in Baveno:
- Rattazzi, Carlo Antonio was podestà (as major)abt in 1702
- Rattazzi, Martino was priest from 1736 to 1760
about Urbano Rattazzi was born in Alessandria town(always in Piedmont) the 20 june 1808
in LDS are the baveno microfilms of civil records:
Registri dello stato civile di Baveno (Novara), 1866-1899
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
KSRattazzi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KSRattazzi »

My greatgrandfather's name was Carlo and from the records that I saw in the LDS archives, his father's name could be Luigi. Also I found where my greatgrandmother's maiden name was Angelina Souza, but had a hard time reading the language/script.

Who were the prime minister's (Urbano Rattazzi) parents?
KSRattazzi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KSRattazzi »

suanj wrote:
KSRattazzi wrote:Hi. I am really at a dead end with my grandfather's lineage. Our surname is Rattazzi and are from Baveno, Novarra, Italy. I assume this is in Piedmont? I also assume we are of the same family of the prime minister Urbano Rattazzi, but cannot find anything on his lineage either.
Baveno town is in Verbania province currently, before in Novara province( Verbania is an recent province of Piedmont/Italy)... about the surname, around 1700 was Rattaccio changed in Rattazzi .... Was in Baveno:
- Rattazzi, Carlo Antonio was podestà (as major)abt in 1702
- Rattazzi, Martino was priest from 1736 to 1760
about Urbano Rattazzi was born in Alessandria town(always in Piedmont) the 20 june 1808
in LDS are the baveno microfilms of civil records:
Registri dello stato civile di Baveno (Novara), 1866-1899
regards, suanj
Thank you, by the way! :)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi ,
1.0 -Giuseppe Rattazzi married to Isabella Bocca, sons:

1.1-Urbano Rattazzi(married to Marie Letizia Studolmina Wyse Bonaparte born in 1831daughter of Thomas Wyse and Laetitia Bonaparte); was born in this marriage an daughter:
1.1.1 Roma Rattazzi born 1871 died in 1943, married in 1889 to Luis Villanova de la Cuadra (birth 1859 death 1901)

1.2- Giacomo Rattazzi
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
KSRattazzi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KSRattazzi »

How about Guiseppe Rattazzi? Who were his parents and siblings?

I should probably post A LOT more information! This is from my tree:

1. CARLO RATTAZZI, son of LUIGI RATTAZZI and ANGELINA SOUZA was born 1872 in Olegio, Castello, Baveno, Italy, and died 09 May 1927 in Barre, VT. He married (1) ELISA ?. She was born 1873. He married (2) LEONARDA [LELMALDA?].

Child of CARLO RATTAZZI and ELISA is:
2. ATTILIO RATTAZZI, b. 07 Oct 1898, Bavano, Novara, Italy; d. 25 Jan 1965, Kansas City, KS.

The information on Carlo's birth I found on an LDS microfilm, so I'm a little uncomfortable with the accuracy as my Italian is very poor.
Jamie Oswald
oswald.genealogy@gmail.com
Researching surnames Rattazzi, Migliarina and Ferrario in the Novara province of Piedmont.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

KSRattazzi wrote:How about Guiseppe Rattazzi? Who were his parents and siblings?

I should probably post A LOT more information! This is from my tree:

1. CARLO RATTAZZI, son of LUIGI RATTAZZI and ANGELINA SOUZA was born 1872 in Olegio, Castello, Baveno, Italy, and died 09 May 1927 in Barre, VT. He married (1) ELISA ?. She was born 1873. He married (2) LEONARDA [LELMALDA?].

Child of CARLO RATTAZZI and ELISA is:
2. ATTILIO RATTAZZI, b. 07 Oct 1898, Bavano, Novara, Italy; d. 25 Jan 1965, Kansas City, KS.

The information on Carlo's birth I found on an LDS microfilm, so I'm a little uncomfortable with the accuracy as my Italian is very poor.
Hi, KSRattazzi, the "thanks" word is not in your glossary...??

however for your question YOU must see the microfilms in LDS ofOleggio Castello
and ditto for Baveno, so for Alessandria
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
KSRattazzi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KSRattazzi »

Graci
Jamie Oswald
Researching surnames Rattazzi, Migliarina and Ferrario in the Novara province of Piedmont.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

so, now.. this is very well..!
Grazie=thanks..regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
KSRattazzi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KSRattazzi »

So maybe my Italian will get better through this forum as well. :)
Jamie Oswald