Can anyone translate this document from Italian to English?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cuppare
Rookie
Rookie

Can anyone translate this document from Italian to English?

Post by cuppare »

I found this document in my family files and scanned it, but it's too big to attach. The document is printed and handwriting is written on the lines. I think this is excusing him from the military, but I'm not sure since I can't read Italian. Can someone translate this for me? Or tell me where to go to get it translated? Thanks!

"Consiglio di Leva del Circondario di Siracusa. Leva sui giovani nati Nell'anno 1881. Dichiarazione Di Riforma. 1. Greco Carmelo figlio di Salvatore e di Miceli Salvatrice nato il 30 Ottobre 1881 a Siracusa. Mandamentio di Siracusa, Circondario di Siracusa cul tocco in sorie all'estrazione il N. ---, essends stato dal Consiglio di leva riconosciuto inabile al servizio militare per 2. sebole rash aurio-- persente/--- pienamente comprovata, fu percio riformato, salvo il disposto negli articoli 63 e 85 del testo unico delle leggi sul reclutamento.
In fede del che gli si rilascia la presente dichiarazione di riforma conforme a quella che risulta al N. 18 del Registro, sommario delle deliberazioni del Consiglio di leva.
Fatto a Siracusa il 18 Giuyno 190-
Il Presidente dil Consiglio di leva"
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Can anyone translate this document from Italian to Engli

Post by girty »

this is what I got from Altavista:

Draft board of the Circondario of Siracusa. Lever on the young people been born In year 1881. Declaration Di Riforma. 1. Carmelo Greek son of Salvatore and Miceli 30 born Salvatrice October 1881 to Siracusa. Mandamentio of Siracusa, Circondario of Siracusa cul touch in sorie to the extraction the N. ---, essends be from the Draft board recognized unskillful to aurio the military service for 2, sebole rash -- persente/- - - totally proven, percio it was reformed, but the disposed one in articles 63 and 85 of the Unified Body of Laws of the laws on the recruitment. In faith of that rilascia the present declaration of reform in compliance with that it turns out to the N. 18 of the Registry, summary of the deliberations of the Draft board. Fact to Siracusa the 18 Giuyno 190- the President dil Draft board
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

"Consiglio di Leva del Circondario di Siracusa.
Draft board Siracusa's district.

Leva sui giovani nati Nell'anno 1881.
Draft board of young people born in 1881.

Dichiarazione Di Riforma.
declaration of riforming.

1. Greco Carmelo figlio di Salvatore e di Miceli Salvatrice nato il 30 Ottobre 1881 a Siracusa. Mandamento di Siracusa, Circondario di Siracusa cui toccò in sorte all'estrazione il N. ---, essendo stato dal Consiglio di leva riconosciuto inabile al servizio militare per

Carmelo GRECO son of Salvatore and of Salvatrice MICELI, born in 30 Oct in Siracusa. Under district of Siracusa, District of Siracusa, wich for destiny's extraction it had the number N...., because from draft board was recognized no able for militar service, for

2. debole rash aurio (cassa toracica??)-- persistente/--- pienamente comprovata, fu perciò riformato,
weak thorax ... persistent...totally proven , it was so reformed

salvo il disposto negli articoli 63 e 85 del testo unico delle leggi sul reclutamento.
except for the dispositions in articles 63 and 85 of only txt of laws about recruitment

In fede del che gli si rilascia la presente dichiarazione di riforma conforme a quella che risulta al N. 18 del Registro, sommario delle deliberazioni del Consiglio di leva.
In truth....it is given the present declaration of reforming , equalt that resulting in 18 number Registry, resume of decisions of Draft board

Fatto a Siracusa il 18 Giugno 190-
made in Siracusa 18 june 190...?
Il Presidente dil Consiglio di leva

The draft board President

-----------------
hoping no most errors in english... eheheh, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cuppare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cuppare »

Thank you for the quick response and the translation!
Any idea what is meant by a "weak thorax", i.e. breathing problems of some type ?
What does it mean if the handwritten "d" is an "s" instead, i.e. "sebole rash aurione persistente"?
Too bad you can't see it, handwriting is often difficult to read, but if one knows the language, it's usually easier to make sense of the writing.
Thanks again!
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

If you want to make your document available for viewing use

http://imageshack.us

Its free. Once you have scanned your image you upload it to this site and post the link on this site. Then your document is available to share.
cuppare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cuppare »

Actually, I spent an hour last night trying to do just that, but the site kept telling me it was too big. By the time I resized it down so the web site would accept it, the document was unreadable!
I appreciate the translations based on my transcription.
Also, apologies to the moderator and everyone else; I see that I should have posted this in the "translation" forum instead of this one. I hope it was not an inconvenience.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Image Shack does have a size restriction of 1024 KB. But, we can always save the posted image on our computer and then enlarge it to read it. Just something to keep in mind for the future.
cuppare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cuppare »

Let's see if I did this right:

Let me know if anyone can view the document......

cuppare
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Yes, you did it correctly. But, usually I can enlarge enough to read. This must be really large, as I can't enlarge it to read it. Sorry, I thought it would work for you.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hi All,

I copied the image to my desktop and found out that it was only 12k... not a big file at all...

I can help you with this if you like... I sent you a private message.

mfjp
cuppare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cuppare »

Deb,
You could try right clicking on the picture and saving it into your files - maybe you could open it from your files and enlarge it.
cuppare
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

That is what I did, but as soon as I went to enlarge it, it quickly turned into those digital squares. Well, at least it did work and Maria can read it.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

cuppare wrote:Thank you for the quick response and the translation!
Any idea what is meant by a "weak thorax", i.e. breathing problems of some type ?
What does it mean if the handwritten "d" is an "s" instead, i.e. "sebole rash aurione persistente"?
Too bad you can't see it, handwriting is often difficult to read, but if one knows the language, it's usually easier to make sense of the writing.
Thanks again!
Hi.. about sebole sure is debole=weak... rash aurione... is mistaken so I cannot traslate it.. and just for an suggestion could be "cassa toracica"....=thorax...

but NOW you say that was the word "persistente" so no "presente" and this make think me that is an disease.... an weakness ... an pathology... but I cannot understand this mistaken word :" rash aurione... "... the word's starting AURI.. is always pertaining the ear....
sorry but is better that I can read directly the document...
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cuppare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cuppare »

Thank you for your effort....

Hmmm.....it doesn't look like "cassa toracica" at all. If "auri" pertains to ears, maybe it's "persistent weak ears"? Of course, diseases were described differently back then, so it could be saying something unusual for a common disease/ailment.

The sidebar of the document is "contrassegni dell'inscritto" (maybe this is a physical exam?);
capelli: colore cassagni; forma hisu (?)
Occhi: rashayni (?)
Colorito: roseo
Dentatura: sano

Your mention of weak & thorax does make me wonder about tuberculosis, though.

I may need to take a class in Italian speech and reading.....

cuppare
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

cuppare wrote:Thank you for your effort....

Hmmm.....it doesn't look like "cassa toracica" at all. If "auri" pertains to ears, maybe it's "persistent weak ears"? Of course, diseases were described differently back then, so it could be saying something unusual for a common disease/ailment.

The sidebar of the document is "contrassegni dell'inscritto" (maybe this is a physical exam?);
capelli: colore cassagni; forma hisu (?)

I may need to take a class in Italian speech and reading.....

cuppare

yes

capelli: colore cassagni;
hair=castagni or castani=brown

forma hisu (?)

lisci=smooth

eyes=castagni or castani=brown

complexion= rose

teeth= good

no, io cannot understand very well the italian words that are mistaken.. could be the deafness of an ear or thoracic deficiency
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH