Nicola Del Gatto parents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Nicola Del Gatto parents

Post by rp76226 »

I have the marriage record of one of his sons - Paolo Emilio Del Gatto:

http://postimg.org/image/b2bb25xs3/

This shows that Nicolo Del Gatto was married to Michelina Raimondo. I've tried in vain through Italian digitalized records from Italy to find their Rotello, Italy marriage record. I did find two more younger sons of theirs and based on the age given for the father, he should have been born between 1826-1828.

I did find an 1827 birth record for Nicola Maria Del Gatto that indicates his father was Paola Emilio Del Gatto. That would fit Italian naming traditions since Nicola's oldest son (found so far) was also named Paola Emilio Del Gatto. Here's the 1827 birth record:

http://postimg.org/image/tpd0zz199/

However, though I think there's a high probability that this birth record might be him, without a corresponding link to his wife, I cannot be sure. I am hoping that someone is a better detective than me and can find the missing link.

I've been working through this link with three sets of year ranges to drill down to Rotello to do my research - http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ampobasso/
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Nicola Del Gatto parents

Post by adelfio »

Do you think Nicolo Del Gatto and Michelina Raimondo were possibly married in 1856 the year that is missing?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

That question would be easier to answer if I knew the wife/mother's age, but birth records of their children only give his age. Of the three children that I have found, Paola Emilio Del Gatto, born about 1867, is the oldest so far by 9 years. If the birth record of his father is actually the 1827 record that I found, it would make sense that he is the oldest and therefore named after his grandfather. If he is the oldest, it would be likely that the marriage of his parents took place shortly before he was born, not 11 years earlier. But of course, this is all conjecture - at this point, based on what is known so far, anything is possible. I'm thinking that the father is old enough so that this could even be a second marriage for him.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

From a 10 year digitalized death index for Rotello, I just discovered a Nicola Del Gatto died in 1895, record number 8. Would not be surprised if this was him. That actual record would likely yield his wife and parents so that I could confirm if it is him. Unfortunately, the annual digitalized death records for Rotello end with 1884.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What I would do is email familysearch.org and see if the Rotello film has the year 1895 on it
Morti 1877-1900 Indici 1866-1895 Family History Library film#1811143 Items 1-4

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty