Giusti Family in Santa Maria del Giudice, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LarryGiusti

Giusti Family in Santa Maria del Giudice, Italy

Post by LarryGiusti »

Hi,
I am new to this site.

My Grandparents came to the USA from Santa Maria del Giudice, Italy in 1914

I can find lots of information on them after 1914 but nothing on them when they were in Italy.

How would I find birth certificates, marriage certificates or anything about them or their relatives in Italy?

These are the towns they were from.
Santa Maria del Giudice, Italy
Santa Maria del Giudice logo detlo in lama
Santa Maria, Lucca, Toscana, italy

These are my relatives all born in Italy.
Any information on any of them would be quite helpful.

Carolinna Giusti b.about 1860
Raphael Giusti b.about 1860

Corinna Maria Giusti b. 10 Dec 1891
Lorenzo Giusti b. about 1880
Peter Pietro Giusti b.1881
Argentina Mai Giusti b.1885
Olinto Giusti b. about 1880

Anicoli Giusti b.about 1860
Luisa Dell'osso b.about 1860

Bernardo Giusti b.1 Aug 1882
Anibal Giusti b.about 1880
Augusto Giusti b.1 Aug 1882
Argentina Mai Giusti b.about 1880

Thanks
Larry
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Giusti Family in Santa Maria del Giudice, Italy

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website Santa Maria del Giudice is a suburb of the town of Lucca so records are held in the town of Lucca
Birth record of Pietro Giusti
Index#1362
1880 Aug 30th in the town of Santa Maria del Giudice birth of Pietro Giusti son of Raffaelo Giusti(son of deceased Pietro Giusti) and Carola Giusti (daughter of Lorenzo Giusti) baby was presented by Assunta Giusti age 18 daughter of Sebastiano Giusti
Sidenote says he married Assunta Federighi

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349814201

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Argentina Giusti
Index#1416
1882 Sept 1st in the town of Santa Maria del Giudice birth of Argentina Giusti daughter of Raffaelo Giusti(son of deceased Pietro Giusti) and Carola Giusti (daughter of Lorenzo Giusti) baby was presented by Caterina Strambi midwife
Sidenote says she married Armando Federighi 1902 Oct 11th

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349815501

PG LINK TO MARRIAGE RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349899701

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Olinto Giusti
Index#1536
1884 Sept 26 in the town of Santa Maria del Giudice birth of Olinto Giusti son of Raffaelo Giusti age 33 (abt 1851)(son of deceased Pietro Giusti) and Carolina Giusti (daughter of Lorenzo Giusti)

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349815501

Marty

Marty
LarryGiusti

Post by LarryGiusti »

Marty,

That is great work!
They are all related to me.

This is the first time anybody ever found anything from Italy about my relatives.

How did you find them?
I tried a search on familysearch.org and came back with nothing.

How would I search for my other relatives?

Thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Online records of Lucca (Santa Maria del Giudice is a suburb so the records are in Lucca
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... %3D2043811

Marty

Marty
LarryGiusti

Post by LarryGiusti »

It will take forever for me to go through one page at a time.
How did you find the above records so fast?
Do you have an index?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

In searching Italian civil records you have birth(nati) death(morte) marriage (matrimoni) by year most go from 1866-1910 some towns have other years. Indexes are found at the beginning or end of the year you are searching by index number and surname.There are also multi year indexes which combine 5 or 10 years of indexes
PG LINK TO MULTI YEAR BIRTH INDEX
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349819801

Marty

Marty
LarryGiusti

Post by LarryGiusti »

Thanks that's quite helpful.
At first I could not figure out why the births were not in any date order.
Then I realized that most babies were born at home and the parents probably went into town a few months to a year or more later to register the birth.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Babies are born then presented to the civil official of the town usually within a few days of birth for entry in the birth registry. If there is a problem and they cant register the birth act until much later they are entered in the Parte 2 for that year usually in the rear of the records and that record is usually handwritten. Sometimes there are sidenotes with marriage or death information or if the act has a mistake in it a correction to those mistakes
Birth acts are signed by the civil official and 2 witnesses not usually family members

TRANSLATED RECORD CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
35.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty
GaryGeneGiusti

Post by GaryGeneGiusti »

Dear Larry,
It's been a while since your inquiry, but I have done some research on my Giusti family originating from the same place (Santa Maria del Giudice).
I have the "Descendants of Anecito Giusti" pretty well documented, so perhaps there is a link here. My recorded first and Second Generations are shown, below.

Generation No. 1
1. ANECITO1 GIUSTI was born in Italy, and died in Italy. He married MARIA DERANIERI. She was born in Italy, and died in Italy.
Children of ANECITO GIUSTI and MARIA DERANIERI are:
2. i. EDWARD PETER2 GIUSTI, b. September 02, 1886, Lucca, Italy; d. March 26, 1969, Galveston, Texas.
3. ii. ANGELO GIUSTI.
4. iii. THOMAS GIUSTI.
iv. ETRIE GIUSTI.

Generation No. 2
2. EDWARD PETER2 GIUSTI (ANECITO1) was born September 02, 1886 in Lucca, Italy, and died March 26, 1969 in Galveston, Texas. He married MABEL JULIA HANSEN, daughter of HAGBART HANSEN and ELIZABETH WERN. She was born March 11, 1895 in Galveston, Texas, and died May 22, 1948 in Galveston, Texas.
Children of EDWARD GIUSTI and MABEL HANSEN are:
5. i. VALERIE ELIZABETH3 GIUSTI, b. June 11, 1917, Grandma Hansen's Home, 3914 Ave. K., Galveston, Texas.
6. ii. EDWARD LOUIS GIUSTI, SR., b. July 30, 1919, Galveston, Texas; d. May 31, 1998, Galveston, Texas.
7. iii. KENNETH HARLAN GIUSTI, b. February 12, 1923, St. Mary's Infirmary, Galveston, Texas; d. September 25, 1986, League City, Texas.
8. iv. LOUIS WILEY GIUSTI, b. October 16, 1929, St. Mary's Infirmary, Galveston, Texas.
9. v. HERBERT LEE GIUSTI, b. June 28, 1933, Galveston, Texas; d. July 11, 1992, Cross Roads, Pearl River County, Mississippi.

Good luck in your search.
Sincerely, Gary Gene Giusti.
GiustiDiLucca

Post by GiustiDiLucca »

Hi everybody!

I am from Argentina and my grandmother’s family came from Santa Maria del Giudice too. Her grandfather eat Ettore Giovanni Nicola and I could find him on the multi years list Adelfio provided us with! I am really thankful but I still cannot understand how to find his atto di nascita in these archives.
I know these publications are pretty old but could anyone please help me? On the list it appears he was born in 1869, his father was Antonio and the number of register is 1409.

Thank you!!!
Giucfdoc

Post by Giucfdoc »

Happy to have found this link.
My father Eletto was born in Santa Maria del giudice on January 3, 1914.
His mother was massima Giusti (born 1886 and brother verniero Giusti both had blue eyes and lived in la pieve) and father guglielmo Giusti (born 1885 lived in catro).

Guglielmo came to America to work in gold mines in Nevada, served in Us army in France in WW1 and died in Santa Maria.
Massima born and died in Santa Maria.

Verniero immigrated to Nevada and died there.

My father who moved to new york had 4 sisters guglielma, Ilya, pietrina and neva all lived and died in Santa Maria.