information on Tizzano

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
dtizzano

information on Tizzano

Post by dtizzano »

Hi I am trying to track down some information on my grandparents Sabatino (Sam) and Josephine Tizzano. They are from Oratino and boarded the Canopic in Naples arriving in Boston on 14 July 1917. Is there a ships manifest or more information out there please?
Thanks in advance.
Dan Tizzano
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Re: information on Tizzano

Post by TerraLavoro »

Here is a link to the arrival record of Giuseppa Tizzano, age 22, last place of residence Oratino, arriving Boston from Naples on the Canopic on 14 July, 1917.

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse. ... &ml_rpos=1

Page 2 of the manifest notes that she is going to join her husband Sabatino Tizzano at 401 Rivier St, "Ridyway" PA. She is travelling with her daughter Maria Concetta, age 4.

So it looks like Sabatino was already in the country, and that they did not travel together....at least not on this trip.
TerraLavoro
dtizzano

Post by dtizzano »

Thank you so much for this information! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Would you be able to find information on Sabatino Tizzano from Oratino Italy. I am not sure what year he came to America maybe 1912, and do not know port of entry or which ship he sailed on. He was born 6 july 1889. Your help is very much appreciated.
Thank you,
Dan Tizzano
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Information posted at your other thread... :-)
http://italiangenealogy.com/forum/emigration/34060

Including birth acts for Sabatino Tizzano and Giuseppa Tizzano (her maiden name was the same as her married name)

FYI - On the manifest posted above... the correct destination is Sabatino Tizzano at 2494 E 40 St., Cleveland, OH...

T.