re:palermo marriage

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

re:palermo marriage

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

looking for a possible marriage in palermo ca.1870-1874.not in the online indexes.the subjects were antonino caldara and agostina landino.he was b.ca.1848 and she ca.1854.they were both born in poalermo and left in 1874,arriving in new york.they arrived married so i have no idea why they wouldn't be in the palermo marriage iondexes 1820-1895.any suggestions or help would be most appreciated.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: re:palermo marriage

Post by adelfio »

Hi John
Do you have Agostina Landino birth record?
I didn't see her in the Palermo birth indexes that's all I saw was 1854 Sept 16 birth in Santa Christina section of Palermo of Carolina Landino daughter of Francesco Landino and Rosa Mancuso
PG LINK CLICK ON DOWNLOAD ATTACHMENT
https://72e01f85-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.goo ... edirects=0

PG LINK TO MORE PALERMO BIRTH INDEXES
https://sites.google.com/site/palermobirthshub/home

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

no i don't have a birth for her.but i believe the birth you have is correct.it was agostina to my knowledge and on her passenger record and death record as well.she immigrated in 1874 with husband antonino caldara and brother salvatore landino.its odd as everyone came from palermo.she was married andtheres no marriage in the indexes.as she was born in 1854 i would say she married between 1870 and 1874.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

she died in jamaica,queens,new york in 1893 age 39.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I gave you those new Palermo birth indexes should be able to get more info now

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thanks marty.just saw the entry for agostina.it appears the carolina is a typo.this is agostina.there was an older brother salvator born in 1849/1850 but he's not in there.but as i mentioned,she was married before she left palermo.not married in new york.a son was born in 1875 in new york city.so the marriage had to be in palermo.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

its odd.in some of the births for the children of salvatore landino and rosalia mancuso salvatore is incorrectly noted as francesco.in others he's correctly identified as salvatore.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Those are all copied out of the Palermo registry

Marty

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i understand.but the wife is always correctly identified as rosa or rosalia mancuso-while the husband salvatore occasionally goes by the name francesco.either typos or salvatore is alternately using francesco as his first name.i recognize the siblings of francesco,my paternal grandmother's adoptivefather.his father is correctly noted as salvatore.