Giuseppe (Joseph) Parrino Santo Stefano Quisquina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Parker0004

Giuseppe (Joseph) Parrino Santo Stefano Quisquina

Post by Parker0004 »

Hi, I'm looking for information on my husbands family. His grandfather Giuseppe or Joseph Parrino was born in Santo Stefano Quisquina in 1902. He came to the US twice, the second time in 1920 at the age of 18. He married Rosa Valenti in Tampa Florida soon after. I know he had at least one brother, Peter Parrino, who also came to the US but I don't know when. I have no other info on his family. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Giuseppe (Joseph) Parrino Santo Stefano Quisquina

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
I think your Giuseppe Parrino 1902 was born in Tampa I think his father Giuseppe was born in Santo Stefano Quisquina

Passport PG LINK CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi
I found a birthact of Pietro Parrino born in Santo Stefano Quisquina on 21 Feb. 1894 #40, son of Giuseppe Parrino, son of late Carmelo, 51 old, farmer, and of Palma Giglio.. Marriage note: married in Santo Stefano Quisquina on 21 Oct 1923 at Rosalia Pi.... daughter of late Francesco
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349543901
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Parker0004

Post by Parker0004 »

Thank you so much. You are right. My husbands grandfather was born in Tampa and his Great Grandfather in Santo Stefano Quisquina. I have verified that through other records. His brother Peter was also born in Tampa in 1913. Would it be possible to find any info on his Great Grandfather who was born in Santo Stefano and came to the US around 1900? I really appreciate your help.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ok...
I found a Giuseppe PARRINO 21 old, singlemcoming from Santo Stefano Quisquina, travelling with little sister Angela Parrino 12 old, both joining to Giovanni Parrino, brother in Tampa FL
First Name : Guiseppi
Last Name : Parrino
Nationality : Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence : S. Stefano
Date of Arrival : January 16th, 1899
Age at Arrival : 21y
Marital Status : Single
Ship of Travel : Augusta Victoria
Port of Departure : Genoa
Manifest Line Number : 0010

http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/s ... SUYiOw==/1
it could be the person that you are searching for?
In Santo Stefano Quisquina births:
Giuseppe Parrino born in Santo Stefano Quisquina on 24 Feb. 1877 #67 son of Giuseppe Parrino 36 old ( son of late Ferdinando), farmer and of Angela Ippolita Neglia ( daughter of Giovanni), farmer.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349542701

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Parker0004

Post by Parker0004 »

Thank you so much. The birth date for the Giuseppe Parrino you found is the same as my husbands great grandfather. It has to be him. And the passenger list seems to line up also. Any additional information on the family would be greatly appreciated.