Sequencing of Allegati records for Petralia Soparno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Sequencing of Allegati records for Petralia Soparno

Post by rp76226 »

First, please look at this link:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245933101

What year is it? 1860? 1841? Neither fits in the 1863 to 1868 years supposedly being reported.

There are a lot of these two year date possibilities mixed in these records.

How would I find an Allegati record for a specific date, such as a death Allegati for February 10, 1864?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Sequencing of Allegati records for Petralia Soparno

Post by Tessa78 »

The date of the extract is 1841.
The form has the printed "sessanta" which has been circled to identify a correction/deletion.

The allegati that were microfilmed in this group vary. They can be births, death, marriages, etc.

It has been my experience that unless you have a specific folder number (as you have in some marriage allegati) into which specific records are put as attachments [allegati], then you need to go through page by page to search. It is also not a given that there will be a copy of the record that you are searching for. They may not have existed (the extracts) or they were not filmed for a variety of reasons.

T.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I agree with what Tessa has said. I also want to add the following which hopefully might also help:

You are currently looking at 1863 Allegati. They seem to be in order.

Each new package in these records starts with “Atto di solenne promessa”
e.g. (Image 572) https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245933101 (No 26)

If you turn to page 2 of this document (Image 573) you will see a handwritten list of all the documents (allegati) that have been presented by the bride and groom e.g. Individual Birth Acts (Extracts) of bride and groom, Death Acts (Extracts) of the groom's parents (when applicable), Death Acts (Extracts) of the bride's parents (when applicable), etc. These documents follow the “Atto di solenne promessa”. This is why you are seeing such variation on the dates of these documents – not everyone is born/dies in the same year.

The next marriage package starts here at image 582: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245933101 (Except they have they taken a short cut and written the year as 1803 instead of 1863) (No 27)

The next marriage package starts here at image 593: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245933101 (No 28)

As Tessa has said, you need to keep turning the pages until you get to the allegati you are looking for, which may or may not be there. Keep watching the Index Number (Numero d' ordine) and date recorded on the “Atto di solenne promessa” because sometimes they are filmed out of order within the year.
Angela
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

It's too bad they didn't index Allegati records. I find them overwhelming to go through page by page and therefore pretty much avoid them. Yet there can be great information if and when you find something that relates. So the entire list of allegati records here are marriages, where birth and death records, if they apply to the married couple, are added.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Who are you looking for and is the date you are looking for 10 February 1864?
Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

rp76226 wrote: So the entire list of allegati records here are marriages, where birth and death records, if they apply to the married couple, are added.
No, what Tessa has told you is that the allegati in this group vary. (allegati (vari) Be prepared to be surprised :D - you don't always know what will be there. Where you are currently up to on this film are the marriage allegati for 1863. Following this, it looks like there are Baptism records for 1863 and then a few Baptism records for 1864.

1864 marriage allegati follow after the 1864 baptism records and start here: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245933101

You need to go through the film to see what else is there. Like Tessa said, there may or not be the particular allegati you are looking for.
Angela
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

I was looking for allegati records on the death of Francesco Cerami on 10 February 1864. I was hoping to get more details on his parents Pietro Cerami and Maria Giovanna Di Figlia, and hopefully his grandparents.