1807 record translation

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

1807 record translation

Post by mjclayton1 »

Hello, Forum -

It's been awhile...

Someone forwarded me the attached church record. I was hoping someone could help translate. In terms of my girlfriend's family, I "know" (er... I think) that Pietro Saisi (her great-great grandfather) was born about 1836. His wife was Gioconda Puppa. I believe Pietro's father's name was Mateo. I'm a rank novice interpreting these records - especially these older church records - but it appears to me that the record (a pen points at it) refers to a Giovanni Saisi and a Bartolomeo Saisi!

I don't understand why Giovanni's name appears immediately after the Gallicano parish priest's name (Nicolao Bonaccini?). There's also a reference to Antonio of deceased (fu) Mateo. I'm completely confused. Maybe this record is incorrect. Any help would be much appreciated.

Grazie,

Mark
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Re: 1807 record translation

Post by mjclayton1 »

Ah, Not sure the record is attaching! If anyone wants to PM me I will try and send it that way. Sorry for the inconvenience...
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Post by mjclayton1 »

I've tried .tiff and .pdf. Although it's only one page, seems as if the attachment is too large to upload?!
rjmichaels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rjmichaels »

Can you do jpg? The other formats are much larger and, while I have not yet uploaded an image onto this forum, I would imagine that might be your problem. If you cannot do a jpg or do and it fails, try a free photo hosting site and just post the link.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Post by mjclayton1 »

Thanks, rj. The orignal file is a jpg. I'll have to look for that free hosting site you speak of...
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Post by mjclayton1 »

Wow, that was cool. Let's see if this works...

http://postimg.org/image/78ljy61dh/
rjmichaels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rjmichaels »

This appears to be the baptismal record for Matteo Saisi, son of Giovanni Nicola Saisi and Francesca Saisi (daughter of the late Pietro) on 17 April 1807 (top record). The bottom half looks to be for Maria Angela Bartoli, 29 April 1807.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Post by mjclayton1 »

Thanks, RJ. I sent you a personal message. I'm still confused...