Sciuchetti, Villa di Chiavenna

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
angelicamarguerite

Sciuchetti, Villa di Chiavenna

Post by angelicamarguerite »

Hello!
I have hit a dead end in my research. I cannot find any information regarding my great grandfather's life in Villa di Chiavenna, Sondrio, Lombardy. He was born approximately in 1903 and died in Chicago in 1957. I would love to know his parents names and when he left Italy. Any help is welcome. I've spent hours combing through ancestry.com and the like.

Angelica
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Sciuchetti, Villa di Chiavenna

Post by Tessa78 »

Is this your GGF :D ... Giuseppe Sciuchetti - born 24 April 1902 in Villa di Chiavenna?
Dated 24 April 1902 - birth on same day at 1 AM
Father: Giovanni Sciuchetti, age 27, carter
Mother: Maria Patini, his wife
Child given the name Giuseppe Antonio Fedele

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,350279902

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

T I think you have the right Giuseppe
Name:Joseph Sciuchetti
SSN:326-16-xxxx
BORN:24 Apr 1903
Died:May 1957
State (Year) SSN issued:
Illinois (Before 1951)

If that's is the right birth record here is his sister Maria Maddalena Sciuchetti
Index#12
1903 May 19th in the town of Villa di Chiavenna birth of Maria Maddalena Sciuchetti daughter of Giovanni Sciuchetti, age 29 carter and Maria Patini

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Marty :-)

Yes, I believe that I have posted the correct birth record for Giuseppe Sciucchetti

Here is the marriage act of his parents Giovanni Sciucchetti and Maria Pasini (notice that the correct spelling is with an "s" and not a "t" - it is clearer in the marriage record)
This brings it back another generation! :-)

Marriage of Giovanni Antonio Sciucchetti and Maria Sidonia Pasini in 1901
#1 - Parte II
Marriage took place in Piuro, Sondrio, on 4 May 1891.
This is a transcription into the marriage register in Villa di Chiavenna...
Before the official appeared
Giovanni Antonio Sciucchetti, 27, carter born in Villa di Chiavenna; son of Antonio who resides in Villa di Chiavenna; and of deceased Domenica Giacomini who resided in Villa di Chiavenna in her lifetime.
AND
Maria Sidonia Pasini, age 23, farmer who was born and resides in Piuro; daughter of Giuseppe who resides in Piuro, and of Maddalena Lucchinetti who resides in Piuro.
They presented the document of the publication of the banns which were posted on 7 and 14 April, and which produced no opposition to the marriage.

Here is the original marriage act (#7) from the Comune of Piuro (home of the bride :-D )
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,350271702

T.
angelicamarguerite

Post by angelicamarguerite »

You guys are beyond helpful! :) Could not have done this alone.

xxxx
Angelica
ccloud13

Post by ccloud13 »

Angelica,

My name is Christian Cloud. I am one of Maria Maddalena Sciuchetti's grand daughters. My mother, Dona Nita Maria Cloud (father: Cecil Cloud) was born in Illinois in 1936. Deceased January 4, 2013 Seattle, Washington

Nice to meet you.
Penelope9

Post by Penelope9 »

I am sure that all of the sciuchetti's that live in Illinois and Montana are all related. As when my grandfather came here with his parents my grandfather was only 13 and some of my great-uncle stayed in Chicago as my great-grandfather went to Montana. John sciuchett, my great grandfather, and his wife Maria (Sedonia) are both buried In Lewistown Montana.