comunes in avellino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

comunes in avellino

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

is anyone out there aware of any online searcheable databases for the comunes of the province of avellino? specifically luogosano,lapio,san mango sul calore,and taurasi.nothing currently available at lds or www.antenati@beniculturali.it.as i no longer order film from lds a database would be helpful. thanks
dmt1955
Master
Master

Re: comunes in avellino

Post by dmt1955 »

all the comunes you have listed are on microfilm and available for rent thru family search.

i have had to rent the films for all comunes in my family research. personally, i prefer seeing the original document over indexed info.

donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

like i said donna,i no longer rent films from lds.did that for years.i know these films are available there.but for a number of reasons,including costs,i no longer do this.i rented these films 15 years ago when rentals were 3.25-now theyre 7.50.its gotten old and tedious as well.has to be a better way.hard to believe these areas arent available other than at lds-and havent been digitized there or at http://www.antenati@benicultural.it website.if anyone out there has any info.regarding searcheable databases for these comuni please let me know. thanks
DCPandaFan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DCPandaFan »

Familysearch did post images of records from various towns in the eastern part of Avellino last year. Does anyone know whether the remainder of Avellino will be posted? I am on the fence about renting the slew of microfilms I need vs. just waiting for them to come online.
When will Italy get Giant Pandas?
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

nothing currently in the works as i check with lds regularly.whats odd is that all the comunes i'm researching are in the exact vicinity of the currently digitized ones.avellino is full of very small comunes and its strange why all of these comunes werent digitized at the same time.i'm also researching comunes in messina,and virtually all of the comunes there have been digitized-and theyre much larger than the ones in avellino.all about money and licensing agreements no doubt.but i wouldnt hold my breath waiting for more records coming out of avellino.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

John have you tried ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI AVELLINO online database
http://www.poster.beniculturali.it/asav ... lice.faces

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

no marty.never heard of it.i'm trying to find a death record and this appears to be only for births.i just checked it out but find no options for death records.is this new? i just tested it out,using my paternal grandfather antonio ricca's birth information(i have the record) of dec.10,1870.nothing comes up.just wondering what it covers as most of the comunes in avellino are tiny hamlets of barely 1000 people(my grandfathers comune of luogosano was 1100 not long ago)and this would be a great resource as lds has barely digitized any records from this province,unlike messina,my paternal grandmothers province(she was b.barcellona pg on apr.21,1883),which has been thoroughly covered.