Looking for date of death for Great Grandmother

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jean Galata
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for date of death for Great Grandmother

Post by Jean Galata »

Can anyone tell me where I can find information on my great grandmother, Cassandra Monocchio. I remember my dad telling me she lived to be 98 years old. That means she would have died around 1937. My dad said she took care of him and his siblings when their mother died of influenza. Since I find records proving that my grandfather remarried in 1919, maybe Cassandra did not live to be as old as my dad thought.
I have proof of her birth on January 26, 1839 in Baranello, Campobasso, Molise, Italy.
I have proof that she married Nicola Primiano on June 4, 1868. Nicola died in 1909. His death certificate notes that his wife's name is Cassandra Monocchio. Indicating she was still living at the time. However, I find nothing mentioning her after that time.
Any ideas? Family Search has not helped.
Jean Galata
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for date of death for Great Grandmother

Post by adelfio »

Where did your grandfather remarried in 1919 in Baranello?
Try sending for that death act try 1930-1937 first.

email:comunedibaranello.cb@virgilio.it

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Baranello
Via del Municipio
86011 Baranello (CB)
Italia

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di morte o l’estratto completo dell’atto di morte di Cassandra Manocchio
Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Baranello. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di morte di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Cassandra Manocchio
Nome e cognome del marito: Nicola Primiano
Nome e cognome del padre: Mattia Manocchio
Nome e cognome della madre: Vittoria Gambatesa
Luogo di morte: Baranello
Data di morte: 1930-1937
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, her maiden name spelling is MANOCCHIO.. no Monocchio..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Jean Galata
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jean Galata »

My grandfather married Teresa Petosa in Vinchiatura on Oct. 14, 1919. She also died, but I don't know the date. He again remarried. His third wife was Maria Chiatto. He married Maria On Septa. 19, 1929 also in Vinchiatura. She is the only grandmother I ever met. I saw her in 1962 and 1964. No when told me when she died and I haven't been able to find that info. She was still living when my grandfather died in 1964.