Email to State Archives Asti Requesting Military Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Email to State Archives Asti Requesting Military Records

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

1. Can someone please confirm that the following is the correct email address for the State Archives Asti: as-at@beniculturali.it

2. How long does it usually take to receive a reply. An email was sent early June 2015 by a member of the forum and no reply has been received yet. My experience has been that a reply is ususally received within a few days. Should they follow up with another email?

Thank you for any help/suggestions.
Angela
RosalindJones
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Email to State Archives Asti Requesting Military Records

Post by RosalindJones »

I've been waiting a month and have been told they often don't reply at all - very disappointing.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Thank you for your reply Rosalind. That is disappointing. So this is also the State Archives Asti that you are waiting to hear from?
Angela
RosalindJones
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RosalindJones »

No, it is the Commune in Mombercelli - I am about to write again!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Thank you for getting back to me and all the best with your next email. I hope you hear back this time.

I'm wondering whether anyone may have had any experience with the State Archives Asti.
Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Help Please

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I'm not really very experienced with requesting military records from Italy. I have only ever dealt with the State Archives Potenza who have always been super helpful and I have received a reply within a few days, and then the relevant record/s a few weeks later. I would really appreciate any suggestions/verification on the following from fellow-volunteers or anyone who may have already written to the State Archives Asti in the past. Thank you for any help/advice:-)

"1. Can someone please confirm that the following is the correct email address for the State Archives Asti: as-at@beniculturali.it

2. How long does it usually take to receive a reply. An email was sent early June 2015 by a member of the forum and no reply has been received yet. My experience has been that a reply is usually received within a few days. Should they follow up with another email? "
Angela
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What town are the military records from a lot of the towns in province of Asti hold the military records

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Thanks Marti:-)
Just a little town, Coazzolo d'Asti. Here is the related thread. I guess we could also write to the comune, just in case.
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... se#p230065
Angela