Alessandro's Birth Record-Fondi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

I wrote to Fondi, Italy and never heard back from them. That did not surprise me. I forgot that about 7 years ago I wrote them and they sent me a letter and what I believe is Alessandro's birth certificate. Can I send it to someone to show what I have and then let me know where I need to go from here to find out who is REAL parents are. Let me know who ever can help.

Kim
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Alessandro's Birth Record-Fondi

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

If no one writes me back with help in this forum, how much would it cost me to locate Alessandro's (my great-grandfather) real parents? Maybe I can get some family members to help me with the cost. Let me know.

Kim
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Kim, sent you a pm.
wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

phishfood wrote:suanj,

If no one writes me back with help in this forum, how much would it cost me to locate Alessandro's (my great-grandfather) real parents? Maybe I can get some family members to help me with the cost. Let me know.

Kim
Kim, as I already replied your last email about Alessandro birth, and because you ALREADY have the Estratto dell'Atto di Nascita di Alessandro Inglese (by Fondi-Ufficio Stato Civile sended you from 21 Oct 1998) where are wrote that all data about your ancestor are unknown (so it is very possible that also the birthdate is no perfectly sure; they registered this infant abandoned in 1 Jan 1893 and also it is possible that the infant had also an age of some day when abandoned), well dear Kim, I understand that you wish know more about Alessandro, but that is possible to have in Italy is the photocopy from original birthact in birthregistry, if are wrote some other detail, but nothing that can help you, only detail about the infant, as diapers, the person who has found it etc...

and as already I wrote you, in Italy is normal and usual that the abandoned children when they become adult persons, they always say about the origin that was sons of noble person... but, about this affirmation we cannot find prof .... so, dear Kim, the Fondi Office sure will reply you again, but the result are the same and all that you can request again is the original birthact photocopy from original birth registry....

best regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

So this is it and a dead end for me on Alessandro?

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

So this is it and a dead end for me on Alessandro?

Kim
Kim, yes, it is so... but the last chance is the photocopy from original birthact..you can request it?best regards, suanj

PS: are also this record of your ancestor... the name is cancelled, so no travelled....

Name: Alessandro Inglese
Arrival Date: 7 Aug 1911
Estimated Birth Year: 1893
Ethnic Background: Italian (South)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Canopic
Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts
Last Residence: Italy
Birthplace: Pomigliano, Italy ( no it is an error... last residence is FONDI)
Microfilm Roll Number: 167

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

I will do what you tell me and then get back to you. Should I wirte Fondi once again? Hope I have some luck. Many thanks.

Kim
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

One more question. Would it be quicker for you to get an answer from Fondi on finding Alessandro's birth act? If you did do that, what would the cost be?

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

One more question. Would it be quicker for you to get an answer from Fondi on finding Alessandro's birth act? If you did do that, what would the cost be?

Kim
Kim, no more quicker.. you can request it ....directly, and you ask COPIA INTEGRALE DELL'ATTO DI NASCITA di INGLESE ALESSANDRO nato a FONDI il 1° GENNAIO 1894, figlio di N.N.
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

I faxed Fondi in November to receive a copy of his birth record and still I have not heard anything as you know. So you say I need to fax again? Same place as I did before? What do I need to say this time in order to expedite the service so they will not overlook it? Do I need to send money or is it better to mail a letter? Can you help me write a letter again? Let me know.

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Kim,
yes the address and fax number are the same... also you can send by registered letter......
Dear Kim, normally the persons they think that enough an simply letter for to have the official documents in Italy..... but instead are many difficulties, because this are italian official documents and no an simply photocopy from LDS microfilm... so an simply letter it can be sufficient, but to discretion of Officer.... otherwise and especially for far contacts, it is necessary more sollicitations......

Frankly this requests from foreign countries they have become a problem for the communal offices, that they have a insufficient staff... and a other problem now, it is for italian citizenship request (that it means european citizenship also) ... but however dear kim, this it is same address:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Servizi Demografici
Piazza della Repubblica n. 6
04022 Fondi (LT)
ITALY
Tel. +39 0771 5169400 fax +39 0771 521756
E-mail: servizidemografici @ comune.fondi.lt.it ( no spaces please).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
txt letter:

Spett.le Servizi Demografici,

con la presente il sottoscritto ...... (YOUR name ) cittadino statunitense di origini italiane,
richiede a codesto Spett.le Ufficio -a fini ricerca genealogica personale e ai sensi della Normativa vigente-

COPIA INTEGRALE DELL'ATTO DI NASCITA (fotocopia dell'atto riportato sul registro di stato civile) di INGLESE Alessandro nato a FONDI il 1° GENNAIO 1894, figlio di IGNOTI.

In attesa di riscontro ai sensi della L.241/90 è gradita l'occasione per porgere i più distinti saluti,

your name
your complete and exact address
your mailto or fax number

--------------------------------------------
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

I will fax, e-mail, and write letter and let you know if I do or do not hear anything. Thank you again :)

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I will fax, e-mail, and write letter and let you know if I do or do not hear anything. Thank you again :)

Kim
ok ... suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH