Rolando & Paganini Families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
debbyro

Rolando & Paganini Families

Post by debbyro »

I've been trying to find more information on my family from Italy. My Great Grandparents were from Italy. We have had a hard time finding them because from what my Uncle says the ship manifest reads Genova is where my great grandfather was from. Knowing what we know now, often the port they shipped from on those manifest.

My great grand father's name is Giovanni Bautista Rolando born around 1866.

My great grand mother's name is Maria Paganini born around 1878.

I know nothing more on either one.

My great grandparents migrated to Rosario, Argentina. So trying to get information there has been difficult.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Rolando & Paganini Families

Post by Italysearcher »

You are right that the port they sailed from was probably Genova, however both these surnames can be found in today's phoe book in Genova. www.paginebianche.it.
I would try first to request the birth record of Maria Paganini from Comune di Genova since she was born after civil records began. It should tell you the date of her marriage and to whom. The baptism of Giovanni Battista Roland will have to be obtained from the parish archives.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.