FUNAI FAMILY

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
giofranco

FUNAI FAMILY

Post by giofranco »

looking for Funai contacts - my family line is giovanni francesco funai
Born 1864-1935 came from Barga Italy to scotland 1st wife mary faulds
I would like info on his brothers and sisters and his children -I have a few
photos I would like to verify supposedly of giovanni and his brother Amato
and family also a romello and nancy funai could be of intrest to someone
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: FUNAI FAMILY

Post by PeterTimber »

Try www.freeBMD.org.uk/cgi/search.pl for Funai extending back to 1882
Also www.scotsitalian.com =Peter=
~Peter~
giofranco

Post by giofranco »

thanks for the reply peter - Im exploring the sites you gave me lots of
links and good information to keep me busy fot a while
debbie.deerhaven

Post by debbie.deerhaven »

Romelo and Nancy Funai were my grandparents!!!
hope to hear back from you :o
richiesuzuki

Post by richiesuzuki »

Hi ,
my great grandfather was francesco funai he married helen pitcairn who was my great grandmother , I have some pictures and other information .
regards ,
Richard .
richiesuzuki

Post by richiesuzuki »

Hi ,
made a mistake in my last post , helen pitcairn was my grandmother , francesco also married marion hyslop .
regards ,
Richard .
FunaiRAF

Post by FunaiRAF »

My grandfather, Alfonso Celestino Dionisi Funai was also born in Barga. He had several brothers and sisters, Francesco, Amato, Vittorio, Assunta to name but four. He married Mary Coulter in Paisley, Scotland in 1891 and had 10 children of whom the second youngest, Robert Antonio Forsyth Funai, was my father. My father was a cousin of Romolo Funai and others included, Remo, Romano, Nello, Ada, Elda, Adriana, Antonio. Some also stayed in Scotland including Neil, Inis and Peter
richiesuzuki

Post by richiesuzuki »

Hi FunaiRAF ,
my grandfather a son of Francesco Was James Funai , I believe his brother was Romello who had a wife called Nancy . I have not been on the site for a year or so .
If you would like to exchange family history please contact me .
afairbairn100

Post by afairbairn100 »

My great grandfather was also Alfonso Celestino Dionisi Funai I believe. I did the family tree and he moved to Girvan where, one of the children Mary then married my granddad Robert Fairbairn. I traced Alfonso back to Barga, but that was as far as I got. I would love to hear from someone who knows more about he family history..
funai5

Post by funai5 »

Hey, My name is Joseph Edward Funai V, my great great grandfather was Guiseppe Eduardo Funarello of Barga, Italy. The anglicized version of the name is Joseph Edward Funai. My great great grandfather came here in 1891 I believe and moved to Richmond Virginia. He worked with his Uncle in Scotland for a short time before moving here and starting a restaurant chain in the 1920s. He came to America with his wife who’s name was Settima pannatoni (Or something along those lines). Considering that I have the direct lineage through name to my Italian ancestry as the fifth, I have done significant research on the family and I can try to find information for someone if interested.
lesliek

Post by lesliek »

My name is Leslie Knight Ghoneim. My great grandfather was Brazilio Funai. He was born March 17, 1894. He married Beulah Mae Robinson and they lived in Richmond, VA. He died August 21, 1941. I, unfortunately, do not know much more. However, I have been trying to find extended family and where he or his family was originally from. If anyone recognizes the name(s), please reach out.
Biagi39

Post by Biagi39 »

My great grandmother Emilia Biagi nee Funai was Francesco's sister they appear together in 1901 census. 1 Regents Street Rutherglen he was also living with his wife Mary Faulds, sons Antonio and James, daughter Lilias, two confectionery assistants Pilade and Francis. They had a sister Assunta. Their parents were Antonio Funai and Caterina Meoni. Both Funai sisters married Biagis . Emilia married Umberto Biagi and Assunta married Antonio Biagi. You can find the census and registration documents on Scotland's People website.
pauline.dundas

Post by pauline.dundas »

Hi , I have recently discovered that umberto Biagi married to Emilia Funai were my great grandparents. I live in Scotland and would love to see any photos anyone may have. Their son Orlando was my grandfather, I have never seen any photos of him either.he owned Bridge St Cafe in Alexandria. I have found all the information I can on Scotland’s people, but would like to know any further information.Thanks