BAVENO GENEALOGY - TOSI/ROSSI SURNAMES

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Archydigger

BAVENO GENEALOGY - TOSI/ROSSI SURNAMES

Post by Archydigger »

Hello!

I am researching my Italian ancestors and any information about these families or Baveno would be amazing as I speak no Italian. Our family stories often refer to Turin but the naturalization/military/death records all state the family was from Baveno.

1. My Great Great Grandfather was Giovanni Tosi born 24 JUN 1865 • Baveno, Italy to Charles Tosi & Katherine Croke. He was a stone worker in Italy who was recruited to move to Barre, Vermont to work in the Granite Industry. He married in Baveno circa 1888, Luigia Rossi.
2. My Great Great Grandmother was Luigia Rossi born 24 JUN 1866 (in Baveno?) Italy to Louis Rossi and Severini

3. My Great Grandfather was also born in Baveno prior to the family leaving, all the other children were born in Barre, Vermont. Amedio Louis Tosi 25 DEC 1890 • Baveno, Italy to Giovanni & Luigia.

Thank you in advance for any assistance & direction.

Morgan
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: BAVENO GENEALOGY - TOSI/ROSSI SURNAMES

Post by suanj »

Hi,
Baveno is in province of Verbano-Cusio-Ossola currently; in the past was in Novara province, and the Baveno civil records (1866-1899) are been microfilmed by Mormons;( Civil registration of births, banns, marriages, deaths from Baveno, Novara, Italy. Text in Italian. Some years may be missing or out of order.) You can order the microfilms so you can find some records
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
Hoping helpful,
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Archydigger

Re: BAVENO GENEALOGY - TOSI/ROSSI SURNAMES

Post by Archydigger »

Thanks I will try that route! :)