Need Help Finding Great Grandparents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
OrangeBlossom44
Veteran
Veteran

Need Help Finding Great Grandparents

Post by OrangeBlossom44 »

I am struggling trying to find information about one set of my great grandparents.

My paternal grandmother is Maria Lavorgna (b. 8 Dec. 1887, Faicchio, Benevento, Italy; m. 10 May 1908, New Haven, New Haven, CT; d. 16 Oct. 1953, New Haven, New Haven, CT). Her husband was Giuseppe Biondi (b. 9 Oct. 1887, Faicchio, Benevento, Italy; d. 28 Jan. 1926, New Haven, New Haven, CT).

I would like to find Maria's parents, noted on her death certificate as Antonio Lavorgna and Carmelina (Carmela) SanGiovanni. I believe they had 8 children (this is all I know):
--Maria (my grandmother)
--Vittoria (b. ~1881, Faicchio; immigrated to US and I think she married the brother of Maria's husband)
--Filomeno (b. 23 Mar. 1881; m. Josephine Porto)
--Antonio (b. 1889; m. Mary)
--Frank (m. Victoria C)
--John (m. Rita M)
--Michael (aka Michele)
--Raffaele

Thank you so much for your help!

Claire
Castell'Alfero, Frinco, Faicchio. Cognome: Biondi, Lovisone, Cantino, Goia, Lavorgna, Fassio, Dezani, Mussetto, Negro, Gaspardone, Giannotta, SanGiovanni, Porto, Fiorentino, Gavello, Morra, DiMeo, Ferracane, Rampone, Dalu.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Need Help Finding Great Grandparents

Post by Italysearcher »

I suggest you write directly to the town requesting the marraige record of Maria's parents. Since you don't know the actual date of marriage ask them to search the 3 years previous to her birth unless you know there were older siblings.
Once you have this you should be able to use the LDS microfilms to furhter your search.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
OrangeBlossom44
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Need Help Finding Great Grandparents

Post by OrangeBlossom44 »

Thank you very much for trying to help, Ann. I am worried about writing to the town, because prior requests to other towns have not been responded to...discouraging. Is there anything more that I can do? All of my lines are Italian, and I have been very fortunate to research them back to my gg grandparents. But this one line is stuck. I will continue to try to find more information about the family surrounding Maria. Perhaps, it will yield more clues. I'm surprised how little I have been able to find out about even Maria's siblings, but I will be persistent, so that I can offer the town more and better information. Thanks again.
Castell'Alfero, Frinco, Faicchio. Cognome: Biondi, Lovisone, Cantino, Goia, Lavorgna, Fassio, Dezani, Mussetto, Negro, Gaspardone, Giannotta, SanGiovanni, Porto, Fiorentino, Gavello, Morra, DiMeo, Ferracane, Rampone, Dalu.