Scrugli, Maiuolo, Napolitano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Scrugli, Maiuolo, Napolitano

Post by Cathynap »

I am looking for anyone who know anything about the surnames Scrugli (not a common name) Maiuolo and Napolitano from the Calabrian region. I have found all the relatives I know of on Ellis Island's database except the one's I want the most - my Grandfather and grandmother (from separate provinces).
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Scrugli, Maiuolo, Napolitano

Post by wldspirit »

In order to locate any records, more information needs to be provided, full names, and do you have an estimate of immigration? Have you located any census info, which list immigration year?

wldspirit
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

Sorry about that. The Scrugli and Maiuolo's from my family came from Cortale in Catanzaro province. Surnames of cousins who came here from there are Saraceno, Mungo and Savino. They came over on ships to NY with their destination as Chicago. The Scrugli's began emmigrating in the 1890's through 1920. I think some stayed behind.
The Napolitano's came from Cosenza province from Paola and Montalto Uffugo in the early 1900's - no later than 1916. I know they left family behind. I also know my grandfather's brother went to Argentina with his cousin of the same last name.
Thanks.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Grandfather and Grandmother first names??
wldspirit
fedems82

Post by fedems82 »

Hi Cathynap,

I think that maybe I could be one of great grandson of your grandfather's brother (Scrugli). I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and I'm searching some information regarding my great grandfather.

Please can you contact me?

Thanks a lot!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Sinc e nobody bothered to put down any first names the Scrugli immigrants to Argentina (13) who are males (6) are Antonio, Domenico,Faustino, Francesco, Giovanni Battista and Giuseppe SCRUGLI.=Peter=
~Peter~
fedems82

Post by fedems82 »

Hi Peter,

Sorry I didn't saw your response before, turns out that years later browsing for some information about my great grandfather...I find out your reply.

My great grandfather was Francesco Scrugli, he immigrated to Argentina in 20-04-1913 in a ship called SAVOIA. During this years I gathered lot of information about my great grandfather, but I'm still in the search of his birth record.

Are you able to give me more info about the Francesco Scrugli that you mention in your previous reply?

Thanks,
Federico Sanchez
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Post by TerraLavoro »

Federico, have you been able to see the original manifest of Francesco's passage on the Savoia? His birthplace is most likely listed on that manifest.
TerraLavoro
fedems82

Post by fedems82 »

Hi TerraLavoro,

Not sure if what I got is the original manifest of Francesco's passage on the Savoia, I found the record in the CISEI website:

http://www.ciseionline.it/KMS/Dettagli_ ... ?id=895191

This is the information detailed there, and the birthplace is not in there:

Cognome: SCRUGRI
Nome: FRANCESCO
Professione: ZAPATERO
Leggere e scrivere: Sa
Data del viaggio (Sbarco a Buenos Aires): 20-04-1913
Porto di imbarco: GENOVA
Nome nave: SAVOIA
Classe: Terza

Note: The surname was not written correctly.
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Post by TerraLavoro »

fedems82, the link that you provided is information extracted from the ship manifest, not the original manifest. Try to contact "CISEI" to see if they can provide a full copy of the original manifest for you.
TerraLavoro
fedems82

Post by fedems82 »

Thanks TerraLavoro,

You have a good idea, I'll send an email to CISEI hopefully they can provide me the original manifest. If they don't reply to me is there any other place/website that you may know in which I can request that?

Really appreciate your help,
Thanks
Federico