Best place to search for Canna birth records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
donnalynn829
Veteran
Veteran

Best place to search for Canna birth records

Post by donnalynn829 »

Hi all.

I am looking for a record of my great-grandmother's birth. She was born in Canna, Cosenza, Calabria on 11 December 1880. I've looked in the database o FamilySearch, but have only been able to find a record of her parents' marriage. Can you recommend another place to look online? I don't read Italian, but I can pick out the words for birth and her name (Maria Domenica Elia/D'Elia) and her parents' names (Pasquale and Rosa Pirrone).

Many thanks!

Donna
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Best place to search for Canna birth records

Post by adelfio »

Donna are you sure Maria Domenica was born in Canna I looked through the 1880 birth records didn't see her birth record perhaps she was born another year

PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=538719

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
donnalynn829
Veteran
Veteran

Post by donnalynn829 »

Hi Marty.

I looked in Family Search as well, which is why I was looking for another option to search. Family says she was born in 1880, but her naturalization papers say she was born in December 1879. There's a discrepancy about the spelling of her surname - D'Elia, D'Alia (which isn't in Canna), or perhaps DiLeo, but her parents are Pasquale and Rosa Perrone/Pirrone, and I found their marriage record in Family Search here --> https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-997V-H7B

So confused..... : )

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Donna
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

There are no birth records online for 1879 or 1881 so try this email

email:info@comune.canna.cs.it

Ufficio dello Stato Civile e Ufficio Anagrafe
Comune di Canna
Via Nicholas Green
87070 Canna (CS)
Italy

Attn: Silvia Lufrano

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Maria Domenica Elia

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Canna. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Maria Domenica Elia
Nome e cognome del padre: Pasquale Elia
Nome e cognome della madre: Rosa Pirrone
Luogo di nascita: Canna
Data di nascita: 1879e1881
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
donnalynn829
Veteran
Veteran

Post by donnalynn829 »

many thanks!!
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Post by Joannsalvo »

Try this site it is free to register.
http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/consulta_ ... lice.faces
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I have been to Canna and done research there. I probably have some photos of the town and church if you are interested. If I remember correctly someone in town published the Catasto Onciaro for the town. The parish records were hit and miss.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.