DiCiacca family (spelling seems to vary over the years)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
linksview

DiCiacca family (spelling seems to vary over the years)

Post by linksview »

I have just joined and am looking for any information on the DiCiacca family. The appear to originate from in and around Picinisco. I have a Diamante Diciacca (c1786-after 1843) married Lucrezia Casiarini (c1800-after 1843) offspring - Maria Giuseppa 18/3/1829, Tommasina 7/5/1830,
Restituta 16/12/1831-before 1833, Restituta 16/3/1833-before 1837,
Pietro 18/12/1834, Restituta 7/3/1837,Concetta Filomena 13/8/1843 - all born in picinisco.
Pietro married Palina born 1831 ( also a DiCiacca I think ). Known child Gaetano DiCiacca born 1861 Picinisco - married Jessie Miles born 1870 St.Anne's Soho,London.Had 6 children - Rosina 1889,Luigi 1893,Antonio 1894,Gaetano 1896,Ann 1898,Ellen 1901.

I would love to hear from anyone who has any information on any of these and related families up and down the line.

You will notice that there is a name of Restituta - 3 times. I have taken this as a name or does it have another meaning - like a still born child or something ?

I would be very pleased to hear from anyone with information on DiCiacca family and any connections.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: DiCiacca family (spelling seems to vary over the years)

Post by suanj »

You will notice that there is a name of Restituta - 3 times. I have taken this as a name or does it have another meaning - like a still born child or something ?
I cannot know with precision, but most probable that the first Restituta was died and so, after the same first name to another daughter, and when also this died again.. another until the a Restituta living.. The Restituta first name is for devotion to Saint Restituta in Sora town near Picinisco... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
linksview

Re: DiCiacca family (spelling seems to vary over the years)

Post by linksview »

Thanks suanj,

That sounds good enough to me - Saint Restituta ! It all makes sense now. Thanks for coming back to be. Another mystery solved !!