Marcello Magnone family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
HistoryItaly

Marcello Magnone family

Post by HistoryItaly »

I am looking to find parents and family of Marcello Magnone. I believe he was born in Genova, Liguria on April 9, 1858. His New York passenger list has his Place of Origin: Turin, Italy. Departure: Le Havre, France. Arrival: Feb 23, 1882. Enrico Magnone was also on this ship Labrador. I do not know the relationship.

Marcello immigrated to Canada and spent his life in British Columbia. He was a blacksmith. I think his father was a tool maker.
Tks,
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Marcello Magnone family

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Why do you think Marcello Magnone was born in Genova, Liguria instead of Torino

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I searched in military draft cards abt the males born in Torino town from 1855 to 1860 and I don't found your Marcello, maybe he was born in some commune in Torino area...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
HistoryItaly

Post by HistoryItaly »

I think he was born in Genova as per family stories. There is no definite facts for this. I cannot find any marriage certificates etc that would give me Marcello's parents names.
Thank you for the help
Leslie
HistoryItaly

Post by HistoryItaly »

Enrico Magnone (that was on the same ship Labrador Feb 23, 1882 from Le Havre France to New York) could be Marcello's brother. He is listed as born in Tonco, Asti, Piedmont, Italy. It could be a possible link.