Birth Extract via email?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
miucci

Birth Extract via email?

Post by miucci »

Hello,

I'm not sure if this forum knows much about the dual citizenship process. If not, does anyone know where I can ask for more direction?

I have been trying to get a birth extract for my great grandfather. After weeks of emailing different people/offices and sending regular mail, I received exactly what I needed! Unfortunately, they only sent it as an email attachment! I emailed them back immediately asking for a original sent via mail but they never replied.

Does anyone know if the consulate will accept it?! I doubt they will but it's taken me so long to even get this. I just wish I spoke fluent Italian and I would just call them!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Birth Extract via email?

Post by suanj »

Hi
usually the clerk responding in the manner in which it is contacted... but the consulate does not accept a certificate even if sent by certified mail to applicant, and the clerk know that;
I always write by regular mail, including the pre-addressed envelope and postage coupons, and the clerk reply in the same way using the my envelope sent...
but sometime the clerk after many urge replies (sent by emails, after first request by regular mail), he send the certificate by email attachment, to prove that he issued in the right time, and then send the original, by regular mail, and it can take many days....
now, the Birth extract requested... I read that was issued on 22 jun, thinking that some day to send by regular mail and abt 10 /20 days to arrive in USA... I believe you will receive nextly and if you don't receive it after a accettable time... better to write again and if no email reply, you send a fax.... the fax gets greater effect.....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH