Name Translation

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
todson
Veteran
Veteran

Name Translation

Post by todson »

Greetings,

If someone could be so kind to offer me their opinion on the spelling of the 2 names that appear in the attachment. Kindest regards. Tod Davis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Name Translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Leopolda Mitola
Giovanni Chieco
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

We prefer to see an entire document to help in deciphering the handwriting, and to see the commune for common surnames in that two. :-)

That being said...
I would say you could be reading Leopoldo Mitola and Giovanni Chicco

T.
todson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by todson »

Thanks you Tessa78. I will post entire image next time. Was trying to be less of a burden. You and the group have been so helpful to me so many times and don't want to wear out my welcome. Thanks again everybody! Tod
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi there

I just want to say that I do agree with Tessa about posting the whole document. This is really important and helpful. I actually did check the white pages and I have again checked and I do see that both surnames that I am reading appear "today" in Cabonara di Bari (is that the town in question?), as ofcourse does Chicco, which of course is another option as Tessa suggests.

Angela:-)