A place called Ciacca - where was it exactly

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
linksview

A place called Ciacca - where was it exactly

Post by linksview »

I understand that my mothers family (DiCiacca) came from a place called Ciacca. Apparently the village is no longer there, but that area was grouped together with other places and it was called Picinisco, or incorporated into it.

My parents are celebrating 60 years of marriage this year and I know they
would like to visit Italy, especially the place where Ciacca used to stand and of course Picinisco.

So if anybody has any idea where it used to stand and I would be glad to hear about it. It would be nice to be able to send them on a trip down memory lane and beyond.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: A place called Ciacca - where was it exactly

Post by JamesBianco »

You wouldn't possibly mean Sciacca?

here is a wonderful link just in case.

Sciacca 1

Jim :)
linksview

Post by linksview »

Thanks for trying Jim, but it is definately in Picinisco.
Have since been in contact with someone who knows where it is. It is no longer inhabited and the last person left there in the seventies.Apparently you cannot get there by road and you might have to wade through the bushes to come across it.

Thanks again
raymo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by raymo »

It may be a bit of a longshot, but try the website of the Comune di Picinisco.
Their website has names of local officials, along with phone numbers, and there is a page to write an email request.

You would probably have luck getting a response only if you wrote to them in Italian, but if you can't, you might want to write it in English here, and one of us will respond with the Italian translation for you to send to them via the Comune's site.

Like I said, it's a longshot, but the locals in Picinisco would probably know better than anyone exactly where Ciacca was located.

www.comune.picinisco.fr.it

GOOD LUCK !
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

linksview wrote:Thanks for trying Jim, but it is definately in Picinisco.
Have since been in contact with someone who knows where it is. It is no longer inhabited and the last person left there in the seventies.Apparently you cannot get there by road and you might have to wade through the bushes to come across it.

Thanks again
Hi,
This might help a little... Photo's of Picinisco (plenty of them) and a list of ALL the family names from that area!

Heres the link:
http://www.abruzzoimages.com/lazio/prov ... sco/04.htm

Hope it's helpful to you!

Elba
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

linksview wrote:I understand that my mothers family (DiCiacca) came from a place called Ciacca. Apparently the village is no longer there, but that area was grouped together with other places and it was called Picinisco, or incorporated into it.

would like to visit Italy, especially the place where Ciacca used to stand and of course Picinisco.

So if anybody has any idea where it used to stand and I would be glad to hear about it. It would be nice to be able to send them on a trip down memory lane and beyond.
Hi, Ciacca place really it seems that not are in Picinisco area and no in Frosinone area, no currently no in the past... you sure that was a place? Thanks for a reply, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

suanj wrote:
linksview wrote:I understand that my mothers family (DiCiacca) came from a place called Ciacca. Apparently the village is no longer there, but that area was grouped together with other places and it was called Picinisco, or incorporated into it.

Hi, Ciacca place really it seems that not are in Picinisco area and no in Frosinone area, no currently no in the past... you sure that was a place? Thanks for a reply, regards, suanj
On the Picinisco link that you had before, there is a section dealing with the history of the area and Di Ciacca is mentioned frequently. I had a quick look but despite the various 'potted histories' I found no mention of a town/village of that name. If that actual link would be of any use, just let me know. But it is in Italian - would that be OK?
Elba
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Elba: I know very well about Picinisco, because from many time I help a my good friend from UK, about Picinisco origin of italian ancestors; well I know that was a Di Ciacca surname in Frosinone area, but I found no and never knowed that was a Ciacca place; if she say that was in Picinisco, I can say that in Picinisco currently no Ciacca place/hamleth, quarter, locality, etc... nothing.. Ciacca , that I know, is a dialectal word of south italy, and pratically coming from " ciaccare" dialect verb, that in italian is" acciaccare" /to crush/ to step and similar... but to crush with a stone, to step on someone or something with something like a stone; because the "ciacca" is a stone/pebble, so, moreover in general sense and always in dialect, "ciacca" word meaning also a pebbly land....

now if "linksview" author say that was in Picinisco and that was a place of Picinisco town, really I have some doubt, because if was so, the place name could be" La Ciacca" or "Alla Ciacca" or " Ciacca" simple; instead I found nobody place so, and I think that for to search better, the "linksview" can make us to see some documents about the Ciacca ... because , again, I have some doubt...
Best regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Domeneque

Post by Domeneque »

I know which place you are on about. Picinisco is suppose to be in Lazio (or something like that). My last name is Di Ciacca so id like to find out more too. But i was told that much at least. I'll have to ask more of my family.
Love Domeneque