Euros Question

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Euros Question

Post by phishfood »

I need to send 5 Euros to Fondi, Italy to get a copy of a birth act. I went to the bank and the minimum they can give out is 100 Euros. I don't need that much. Will Fondi accept anything else besides Euros? How else can I pay them with that little of amount?

Kim
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Euros Question

Post by wldspirit »

Your local Super Walmart can transact a moneygram/western union in the exact amount for euros.
wldspirit
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

I don't have a Super Walmart anywhere near me but I did call my WalMart store and they don't do that they said. Any other suggestions?

Kim
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

I don't think I can send the money westernunion or anything like that because I have a reply to send along with the money. Is there any other way I can get Euros besides a wire transfer? I just need 5 Euros.

Kim
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

phishfood wrote:I don't think I can send the money westernunion or anything like that because I have a reply to send along with the money. Is there any other way I can get Euros besides a wire transfer? I just need 5 Euros.

Kim
Hi Kim,
Just a thought... doesn't anyone over there have a €5 bill that they can let you have?. Surely someone must have been over here recently and have a little bit of money left over!

Another thought is that some of the professional genealogists on this site must have ways for their clients 'over there' (if the genealogist is in Italy) to pay them. Perhaps you could come to some arrangement with one of them to do (for example) a Visa payment - or maybe the Comune themselves would do that!

Elba
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Elba,

That's a great thought! Maybe someone can help?

I was going to suggest international reply coupons but I think that's only for return postage, or am I mistaken? International reply coupons can be purchased at the post office, no?

Nuccia :D
Chris-

Post by Chris- »

Give me the address, and i send the 5 Euros to Italy – for free! A small gift from Switzerland… ;-) c-r@swissonline.ch
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

phishfood wrote:I don't think I can send the money westernunion or anything like that because I have a reply to send along with the money. Is there any other way I can get Euros besides a wire transfer? I just need 5 Euros.

Kim
Hi Kim, normally they accept the western union payment or moneygram, (and also for who is resident in Italy and ask the record from another italian town or by vaglia postale, or if they have the online services by telephone's count); but I can understand you because I had always problem with Officers of Frosinone area.. they are so... and they don't understand also the law reasons, so for the peace and because are little things, it is better to make as they wish... it is the mind... viceversa, also if you send the US dollars they don't want, because are many bank charge ( so you must send almost a total of 17 US dollars since the officer in the bank change will have 5 euros, and also you will have the fee of sending..!!! and also i can say that when I had US dollars, the bank don't wanted to change it to me.. and so I give in my church...) so please you can to buy/change 5 euros in some US bank, or also some italian bank in US ...

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

I have been trying to find someone with Euros around here and there is no one. I have some offers of help and will take someone up on their offer. Thanks to those who have offered to help and I will be in touch very soon :)

Kim
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

phishfood wrote:I have been trying to find someone with Euros around here and there is no one. I have some offers of help and will take someone up on their offer. Thanks to those who have offered to help and I will be in touch very soon :)

Kim
Hi Phishfood (bet you're glad it's not phishphace -hahaha)

E-Mail me the details and I'll send you either a cheque for €5 or a €5 note.
I'll send you a PM with E-Mail details....

That way you can send it off with the documents - probably the €5 cash would be better than a cheque - even though it would be drwn on and Italian bank in Italy. However... whichever you wan't!

Ciao, a presto,
Elba