Stefana Marino - Possibilities

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Stefana Marino - Possibilities

Post by peonygirl »

I have drilled down to Stefana Marino as my 4th GGM; she was mother of Giovanna Mule', married to Giuseppe Mule who lived in Castrofilippo.
I found an English record of Stefana's death in 1827. It is possible that she may be the right person. The qualifying stopper is her town of death is Aragona in Girgenti. I looked on Google Maps, and it is a half hour away. So it's possible. What do you think? Here is what I have translated when looking at the death act in the Archives. http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html

IMG#4 - Aragona, Italy - 4 Jan 1827 - Before me Carmelo Monreale, Mayor of Aragona, District of Girgenti, appeared Salvadore Bureta, 26 y, farmer and Giuseppe Picone, 40 y, farmer, that in this Commune died Stefana Marino, age 80 y, born in Aragona, daughter of Agostino [Marino] deceased, and Rose Masuraca, deceased.

There is no mention of Giuseppe Mule'; but there is also no mention of being single. This whole Mule' family is perplexing! If someone can read through the Archive, I'd appreciate any thought/corrections. Thanks - PG :D
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Stefana Marino - Possibilities

Post by mmogno »

peonygirl wrote:IMG#4 - Aragona, Italy - 4 Jan 1827 - Before me Carmelo Monreale, Mayor of Aragona, District of Girgenti, appeared Salvadore Bureta, 26 y, farmer and Giuseppe Picone, 40 y, farmer, that in this Commune died Stefano Marino, age 80 y, born in Aragona, son of Agostino [Marino] deceased, and Rose Masuraca, deceased.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Stefana Marino - Possibilities

Post by peonygirl »

Well, thank you. I guess we see what we want to see -- time to search some more!
Peonygirl
Always Searching....