Questions re: Allegati

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Questions re: Allegati

Post by mjclayton1 »

Hello again, Forum-

When it comes to births, I was wondering if there was a pattern as to the timing of the Allegati records, i.e, relative to the Atti di Nascita for a given individual. For example, I've found the Pubblicazioni for a given person up to, oh, around 1.5 months beforehand (as to the marriage). Does the Allegati work similarly, but only "later" (after)? I know I could probably pull out my Trafford R. Cole book on this subject and look up what he says, but I'm actually interested in feedback from some of the more learned folks here. I've somewhat "mastered" searching the Capannori (Lucca) records and can (usually) find what I need very quickly, but that only applies as to the Atti di Nascita, Morti and Matrimonio records. The Allegati records are just so "unwieldy." Is there any rhyme or reason to them?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Questions re: Allegati

Post by Italysearcher »

The 'allegati' are the records attached to the marriage record, so typically you would find them in the same (date) order as the marriage records. Copies of the pubblicazione are usually also part of the allegati.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I have found them the same order as the marriage records also reverse order and then no order at all so it depends on what town you are researching.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

Marty told me a long time ago Allegatis are a gold mine for Genealogists. Usually have lots of information about the Bride and Groom birth and baptisms and parental and grand parent information. Good luck.
Don't get discouraged if you don't find an Allegati not all marriages have them online.....
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Post by mjclayton1 »

Thanks to everyone for the feedback thus far. As to Capannori, Lucca, Family Search has numerous links for Allegati that have parentheticals for Nati, Morti and Matrmoni, so solely in that context alone I'm not sure I'm any closer to an "answer" than I was before, although Marty's "no order" comment probably makes the most sense to me.

Let me rephrase the question: if Pubblicazaioni precede the actual marriage record by, say, around 1 month (loosely speaking here) what would the similar time frames "normally" be for birth and death Allegati?

Thanks again for everyone's valuable input.
Mark
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

I have only know them to be used for Marriage.......
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

mjclayton1 wrote: Let me rephrase the question: if Pubblicazaioni precede the actual marriage record by, say, around 1 month (loosely speaking here) what would the similar time frames "normally" be for birth and death Allegati?
Mark
I know what you mean and I'll try and explain. I've just checked some of your 1888 Death Allegati and most of the Death Extracts and other attachments that appear e.g. notification of death from hospitals etc have occurred in 1887. I would say, however, that it could take anything from a few months to years to appear in the (death) allegati (similar to the supplementary section at the end of an annual death register). It just depends on when the information is sent back to the birth town and processed. As I see it, the Death Allegati, and probably the Birth Allegati as well, are related to the supplementary section at the end of a year ie Part II or Part III - for deaths/births that have appeared away from the birth town etc. I hope this helps to clarify – the short answer is, yes, they appear any time after the event (death/birth). (I guess though that if a death occurred at a hospital or a near by town then the information would be received by the birth town mostly shortly after the event. If it occurred overseas like in South America then it could take ages.)
Angela
VotM
Elite
Elite

Post by VotM »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:(I guess though that if a death occurred at a hospital or a near by town then the information would be received by the birth town mostly shortly after the event. If it occurred overseas like in South America then it could take ages.)
Angela
A case in point. In Gioiosa Marea, I've found a supplemental death record entered in 1921 for a soldier who died in 1917 but had not been immediately identified.

Gioiosa Marea has some unusual quirks regarding Allegati. In the years from 1866-1909, there are supplemental records for deaths and marriages filed with the birth years of the people involved. It's not an exhaustive set, but generally if there's a marginal note on a birth record there will be a supporting document at the end of that year's birth register. (And in at least one case that I'm aware of, those supporting documents showed that the marginal note was placed next to the wrong person.)
Latest LDS "road map" post for Gioiosa Marea, Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea at
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 3?#p260342
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Post by mjclayton1 »

Thanks again for the great perspectives here. Is much appreciated. If I discover any "patterns" in the future I will report back.

Mark
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Happy to help.
Angela :)