Starting Jure Sanguinis procedure

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
aamerio

Starting Jure Sanguinis procedure

Post by aamerio »

Can anyone out there tell me a good service to use to get the procedure rolling. I have some of the documents I need to do it. There seems to be a number of companies out there so a reference would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
kencwalker
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Starting Jure Sanguinis procedure

Post by kencwalker »

aamerio,
Welcome to IG.
I haven't done this, so can't provide a recommendation.
Are you applying at the consulate, or filing a 1948 case?
For 1948 cases, many have used Luigi Paiano (Italian lawyer).
There is a long thread discussing several of his cases; search for the "1948 Case with Luigi Paiano".
It's under "Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship" .
Good luck.
-Ken
Researching surnames Pedroncelli and Pilatti in Sondrio; Cantoia in Novara; Penna in Asti.
aamerio

Post by aamerio »

I will be going through the Consulate in Boston once I have everything together.
Thanks
kencwalker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kencwalker »

aamerio,
From descriptions in other posts, it sounds like most IG members have gathered the necessary paperwork and taken it to the Consulate themselves. That said, I'm sure there are services to help you. Unfortunately I don't know of any.
I'm surprised you haven't gotten feedback from others. IG members are usually pretty vocal on this topic.

In the interim, use the search feature to find mention of consulate in the IG forums. I'm sure you will find some old discussions on this topic.

Anyone, anyone?

-Ken
Researching surnames Pedroncelli and Pilatti in Sondrio; Cantoia in Novara; Penna in Asti.