Help reading notation

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ms_mary58
Rookie
Rookie

Help reading notation

Post by ms_mary58 »

At the top of my ggm's birth record, there is a notation that I am unable to read. I was able to make a scan of it today at my Family History Center but, unfortunately, this record was not in great shape. I can read that it does reference Pasquale Casella, who was reportedly the father of at least some of her illegitimate children. I have attached it here in the hope that someone more familiar with these documents might be able to assist me once again.

Thank you.

Mary
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Help reading notation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

It says that on 26 September 1912 she marries with Pasquale Casella in Alife - so it looks like they get married. I'm not sure what the word is before 4, underneath that writing, but I suspect that it is saying that the record is No 4 in Part II of the 1914 records? (The word is possible Parte (Part).)

Angela
ms_mary58
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ms_mary58 »

Once again, Angela, thank you.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

AngelaGrace56 wrote: I'm not sure what the word is before 4, underneath that writing, but I suspect that it is saying that the record is No 4 in Part II of the 1914 records? (The word is possible Parte (Part).)
Possibly
"Caserta 4 II 914" = Caserta 4th february 1914
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

ms_mary58 wrote:Once again, Angela, thank you.
Happy to help. :)
mmogno wrote:
AngelaGrace56 wrote: I'm not sure what the word is before 4, underneath that writing, but I suspect that it is saying that the record is No 4 in Part II of the 1914 records? (The word is possible Parte (Part).)
Possibly
"Caserta 4 II 914" = Caserta 4th february 1914
Yes, I understand what you mean. The annotation was made on 4 February 1914. Of course. What I wrote didn't really make sense to me, but sometimes we do see things in the records that are a little off-beat. Thank you for the back up.

Angela :)