What are Diversi Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

What are Diversi Records

Post by rp76226 »

What are Diversi Records and how are they organized? Here is an example link to such records:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... a/Diversi/

Are the events in these records found elsewhere? Do they contain information not found elsewhere? How are they different from Allegati records (which also are unorganized and not indexed)?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: What are Diversi Records

Post by Tessa78 »

Simply put...These records available for some towns and cities (but not all) include "Atti Diversi" and "Atti Vari" which are miscellaneous documents which may include deeds, adoptions, and various documents that do not fit any other category.

For instance, from the link you provided to Atti Diversi in Altamura in 1835 - here is he death of a newborn whose parents are unknown..
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 4.jpg.html

And in 1820, this set is for recording the death of persons who died outside of their domicile.
This one is for a person who died at the hospital of the incurables.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

For the Altamura Diversi there seems to be some type of index at the end of SOME of them.

T.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Thank you.

Ron
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Atti di diversi are most often found before 1865. These records might include anything. However, the most common documents seen among the atti di diversi are (1) birth records of still-born children (morti-nati), (2) birth records of abandoned children (nati di proietti), (3) records of deaths of inhabitants that took place outside the town (morti fuori), (4) adoptions (adozioni), (5) recognitions of abandoned children (recognizioni), (6) changes of domicile (domicilio), (7) records of earlier deaths (morti tardi), and (8) records of the deaths of persons unknown (morti ignoti). There may, of course, be other records that I haven't run across during my research. Caveat: most of my research has been in Molise.
John Armellino
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Thank you.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Ron,

For Agrigento province you'll mainly see Atti di Diversi for stillbirths (natomorti) or children who otherwise died before their births were registered and for unusual deaths such as those of inhabitants who died in other places. Also, sudden or "violent" deaths may be here, such as for people who were murdered or executed, or who died in accidents, such as a mining accident. Recognition of paternity or very late registrations of births or marriages are also found in these records. Births for foundlings (proietti) are generally found among ordinary birth records unless the foundling was found already deceased. From 1866-74 all civil records records were handwritten without templates so it was no longer necessary to separate out these records from other records. From 1875 on these records that didn't fit into the usual record templates were put in the Part II record collections for the birth, marriage, and death records.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Thanks, Malcolm.