Where do I go from here (search for Lunardelli Rosa)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gstorto

Where do I go from here (search for Lunardelli Rosa)

Post by gstorto »

Hi guys,

It has been more than 7 months since I have put my efforts to locate the atto di nascita of my great-great-grandmother. She was born in Italy, most probably in the Treviso province, according to the records I have analyzed. So, the important information I have from her are:
  • born in Treviso on 1871-01-30
  • her father's name is most certainly Lunardelli Giacomo
  • her mother's first name is most certainly Antonia. The most confident last name I have gotten is Scatola or some variation of it. In some documents, she is called Antonia Bertacelus, but I would not give much credit to it.
  • she was married to Giuseppe Eugenio Salmaso, in Sertãozinho, SP, Brazil.
I have compiled all the information I have extracted from the Lista di Leva of Treviso, marriage certificates from relatives, biographies on her cousins and the composition of her family upon arrival in Brazil.
All this information is compiled in the following family tree:

Unfortunately, even these pieces of information are not enough, because:
  • the Comune di Mansuè simply ignores my emails to search for her siblings who were born after 1871.
  • the parishes from Mansuè (Basalghelle and San Mansueto) did not find any birth record belonging to her
  • the Comune di Oderzo did not find any records of her or her siblings
  • several nearby parishes/comunes replied to me stating no records were found (mainly Fontanelle, Oderzo, Piavon, Chiarano, Meduna di Livenza).
I am currently trying to contact the parishes and the comune of Gaiarine, since I have recently discovered that her cousin (Lunardelli Regina) was born there analyzing familysearch records.
Would someone have even the slightest piece of advice in order for me to find this atto di nascita?
adellagreca
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Where do I go from here (search for Lunardelli Rosa)

Post by adellagreca »

Through familysearch.com you should be able to access birth, marriage and death certificates of people in the town of residence. Unfortunately they have not released anything before 1866. If I were you, I would search the marriage certificates and death certificates from 1866 forward. You may be able to find a lot more than you are showing.
Good Luck
Neil
gstorto

Post by gstorto »

Hi adellagreca,

I have tried, but they do not index a lot of births in the Treviso province. I have also tried to check the atto di nascita which are available online, but the information I have gotten from them are in the family tree above. Gaiarine proved to be an important source of information, unfortunately I have already verified all the documents they have scanned.

What strikes me is that her brother, Lunardelli Luigi, does not appear on the Lista di Leva from Treviso. I don't know if it is incomplete or not, anyway it seems rather odd. I have checked nearby provinces for their lista di leva, however I have not retrieved any new data.
adellagreca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by adellagreca »

Hi, again!
Yesterday I responded but somehow the message did not register. So here are some thoughts again.
If the parishes of Mansue' did not find any records, most likely the fact that the Comune did not answer is not much of a loss. If you have marriage and death records available look at them carefully. They typically indicate the birthplace of the person. If you establish the birthplace, it is there that I would try to push for info. You must understand, however, that the search of registry records, especially early on when no indexes were prepared, is tedious and time consuming and the Comune personnel may not want to spend the time to satisfy your curiosity about your roots. Some people do not understand our interest.
Neil
Carlos Dori

Post by Carlos Dori »

Maria Lunardelli, Rosa's sister (Death in Sertãozinho - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2177299)

Giacomo (Jacomo), Rosa's father (Death in Sertãozinho - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2177299)
gstorto

Post by gstorto »

Carlos Dori wrote:Maria Lunardelli, Rosa's sister (Death in Sertãozinho - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2177299)

Giacomo (Jacomo), Rosa's father (Death in Sertãozinho - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2177299)
Hi Carlos, thanks a lot for the documents! The first one gave me a more precise surname for her mother (Bortocello or Bertocello).
The second one is not actually her father. It is an homonym that lived in the same city. But great, thanks!