Philip Cannella and Ignatia "Nettie"

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ballerina

Philip Cannella and Ignatia "Nettie"

Post by ballerina »

Looking for Philip Cannella born in Bisacquino who married Ignatia "Nettie". , Sicily. Emmigrated to the States, New Orleans, Louisiana, early 1900's, maybe? Also, looking for Joseph Conforto who married Josephine(a) Albano, also from Bisacquino, Sicily.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Philip Cannella and Ignatia "Nettie" Albano

Post by maestra36 »

Hello and welcome to this forum. There are many of us on this forum who would like to help you. Can you give us a little more information, if you know it? Do you know if your ancestors married in Sicily or were married here in the U.S.? Do you know where they settled in the U.S? Do you have dates of birth for them or approximate dates of birth? any additional information you can provide to us will be helpful to us in helping you.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Philip Cannella and Ignatia "Nettie" Albano

Post by maestra36 »

Actually, I believe I see them on a 1910 Alabama census. I see Philip age 32, wife Ignazia, age 21, son Vincent 1 1/2. ED 101,sheets 45 B and 46 A. I can't read the street name. Birmingham City, Jefferson County. His year of immigration is given as 1907. as is hers. The son was born in Louisiana. They may have immigrated through New Orleans. Maybe someone on this forum can check on that for you. I don't see them coming through Ellis Island.

Also maybe someone can upload the two pages of this census for you.
ballerina

Re: Philip Cannella and Ignatia "Nettie"

Post by ballerina »

I believe that's the Philip Cannella, my great-grandfather on my mother's side. And yes, they did settle in New Orleans. I think this first child, Vincent, died soon after birth. Philip and Nettie had 5(?) more children, some of whom are still alive. How can I find out if there are any relatives of Philip Cannella still there in Bisacquino, Sicily?
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html

This is the link for the current Italian white pages. There are currently four people in the town with the surname. I would write a letter to each of them and see if they are connected to your ancestry.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

There are sample letters on the above website to help you write letters to potential relatives in Italy.
ballerina

Post by ballerina »

GRAZIE! Did you find anything on Joseph Conforto who married Josephine Albano? The marriage took place in New Orleans, Louisiana, I believe. Info on both Conforto and Albano would be great. Both of these relatives emigrated. They met in the States.
RConforto

Post by RConforto »

Don't know if you're still looking but I'm beginning my family tree. My paternal grandparents are Joseph Conforto and Josephine Albano. I have some information. They had 10 children, all are now deceased. One of their daughters, Jennie, married Frank Anthony Cannella. I don't know if that's any relation to the Cannella you were looking for. I'd love to swap info.